AT92RM9200 Linux FAQ

I'm shuffling through the Linux port for this part, but what I am really
looking for is a FAQ.  Particularly, which devices on the chip have "ready
to go" driver support, whether there is jffs support for MMC, SD, CF,
SmartMedia, DataFlash, etc., whether there is a bootloader that supports
these devices, etc.  My impression is that this linux build is bare bones
and these things are not addressed, but I can't find any Atmel documentation
that discusses it directly.

Any ideas?

Re: AT92RM9200 Linux FAQ
documentation

Most of the initial AT91RM9200 port was done by ourselves, SAN People, and
an independent contractor by the name of Rick Bronson. Atmel provided direct
technical  support on the chip.

As a result, the Linux port services our and Rick Bronson's client's needs,
and not much else. Of course, being open source, others have started to add
other functionality to the port as well.

At present there exists no FAQ adresing your questions. In the spirit of the
open sorce community, we would be willing to answer any questions via email
(of course I am hesitant to set a precident that will result in us becoming
a technical support desk ;-> )

The bootloader that ATMEL formally is "supporting" is U-boot - see
sourceforge - but beware of board (read $5000 DK) specific code.

Regards
Simon

Re: AT92RM9200 Linux FAQ

documentation

As far as I know, the latest list include

SUPPORTED
* Ethernet
* SVGA: text, not sure about graphics
* Serial
* SPI
* Dataflash
* USB Host controller - you can connect a USB flash disk like Disk On Ke
* PS/2 Keyboard
* Smart Media
*  ext2 file system

-----------------------
NOT SUPPORTED (yet)
* CompactFlash
* PS/2 Mouse
* MMC
* SD
* jffs

The ROM boot loader supports loading a binary image from UART or USB to
internal SRAM.
I know that there are binary images supporting dataflash.
You may send your questions directly to snipped-for-privacy@atmel.com if this suits
you.

--
Best Regards,