Anybody using the Freescale 56F800E parts?

If so, what is your opinion of technical support and Metrowerks tool set.

Re: Anybody using the Freescale 56F800E parts?

I am using the 56F807 for a motor control system I am designing as a
home project. I have not tried the technical support, I figured out what
I needed from the documentation. The documentation is OK to pretty good.
There have been a couple of errors in the documnetation that caused some
real head scratching, but I was able to get it sorted out. I did not use
the canned "bean" functions for dealing with the peripheral hardware
set, I wrote all my own peripheral handling code and the documentation
has supported doing this without much pain.

The Metroworks tool set has been decent. I am not especially fond of
IDE's but I can work with it. The compiler/linker has not had any bugs
that I have found. The debugger has worked pretty well.

The peripheral set on the '807 is excellent for closed loop motor
control and the processor is fast enough to not have to be too frugal in
the coding.

Good Luck,
Bob

Re: Anybody using the Freescale 56F800E parts?

Not using metrowerks.

Using a few boards from www.newmicros.com and their isomax / forth language

Site Timeline