Tilt

Hi,

I am reading the following paper. The paper discusses the tilt calculation formula on page3. tired couple of things but did not manage to get the right answer.

For 12 bit ADC, on page 4

( 1.65 - 1.6) / 0.8 = 0.0625, arc Sin ( 0.0625) = 3.5 degrees. its not 0.057 degrees.

Can anyone direct me in the right direction?

Reply to
m.john.khan

it seems to me that it's 0.057 radians

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

The paper did not follow.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

most math is done in Rads (radians), just convert and go from there. Degrees = rads * 180 /Pi

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

Hi,

I converted the radian values into degrees given in the following paper page 4

( 12 bit ADC) :

for zero degree -----> 0.067 radians ------> 3.8 degrees

for 90 degrees -----> 1.63 radians ------> 93 degrees

The paper says that the 3.8 degrees is the resolution at the highest sensitivity point and 93 degrees is the resolution at the lowest sensitivity point.

What does it mean?

For 12 bit ADC, the 1LSB = 0.8mV. Does it mean that 3.8 degrees is equal to 0.8mV and 93 degrees is equal to ?? I am confused. Please provide some direction.

Reply to
m.john.khan