Getting started with Eagle?

So, I've played around a little bit with Eagle Light, and it isn't exactly intuitive. Are there any tutorials/walkthroughs to get me more familiar with its capabilities?

Thanks, Daniel.

Reply to
Daniel Pitts

Oh, I suppose I could just read the tutorial on the site, now couldn't I :-)

Other recommendations are also appreciated though.

Reply to
Daniel Pitts

One hint is that it's really a command-line program with a GUI wrapper. You really need to learn the commands.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I'm still using version 4.5 or 4.15 (or something like that so this may not apply.) My biggest issue was making (moding) packages, schmetaic symbols. So you can open a package you want to mod, cut it (which also copies) Now open a new package, by putting in the new name you want for the package. This opens a new package window, and you can now paste the old package and then mod it. When linking packages and symbols you also have to give the new 'linked'-package a new name.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Daniel, Have a look at

There tons of webinars and videos on the

page, as well as a community page on

Julian Grodzicky