dialer chip NTE1691

Hello,

I would like to use a dialer chip the NTE1691. Can some tell me how to use the RC pin, There a three pins used ar reference frequency, The datasheet does not say how to hook them up (RC), and also it do not talk about the output frequencies for dialing.

anyone has a circuit configuration.. a schematic or a better datasheet thank you ken

Reply to
lerameur

If it doesn't tell you how to hook it up, then that's it.

NTE is a replacement line, intended to replace existing components. You look the part up in the cross-reference, find their part, and pay good money to buy it. The price is a premium to help ensure you can get it locally, and you're paying for the cardboard that makes it so easy to handle.

But if NTE doesn't have information about using it, and they never put "sample circuits" in the replacement guides I have, then you have to either abandon the project, or find a device that the NTE device replaces, and get the datasheet for that original device.

The most accessible method of getting a dialer (I'm assuming you are talking about telephone dialer), then buy a cheap telephone, and either use it intact or extract the dialing part. You don't really need data, since the external components are connected up, and that will tell you how it's supposed to be hooked up. INdeed, there is little reason to just pull the IC, you might as well carve out a chunk of the board (if for whatever reasons you can't leave the phone intact) and use it as a module.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Try this .....