current conveyor

I was reading this article

and looking at the accompanying diagram

The diagram shows a current of iD1 flowing into the X terminal of the upper current conveyor and an equal current iD1 flowing to the YZ node from below. I think as drawn, that current would actually be 2iD1, because the currrent at X is reflected to Y and to Z both, adding up to 2X at the node. Shouldn't the Z terminal of the upper current conveyor be left open or connected to one of the supplies instead of connecting to Y?

Reply to
Michael Robinson

I googled "current conveyor" and the first hit was this:

but it looks to me like Fig 1 is wrong.

I assume the 3-terminal current sources are mirrors. This looks a lot like a current-mode opamp.

John

Yep, "Dot" in the wrong place.

Yep :-) ...Jim Thompson