Cost of Carbon Fuel Goes Up & Down But Generally Up

Cost of solar PV just keeps dropping. Even EV battery costs have dropped 30% in 5 years.

Anyone who this fundamental truth will change needs to join a drinking club, i.e., the "Man will Never Fly" society.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

And the cost of oil and gas is dropping faster, with fracking.

YOU buy an electric car and go all solar+storage for your house.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Also politics. When that's over and everyone has an 8 liter engine, the price will go back up.

This is not true for info - tech industries like renewables.

Supposedly it's already cheaper than being on the grid.

Bret Cahill

Reply to
Bret Cahill

Then buy it. Post pictures for us.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I wonder what happened to all those 6 V and 12 V lead-acid batteries that were installed in every car on the road since the 1920s.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

They have been dumpend in Africa or India with all "first world" electronic garbage.

Bye Jack

--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?
Reply to

Bought a replacement car battery in the last 15-20 years? You have to trade in the old battery or pay a "core charge", and when you trade in you also have to pay a "reclamation fee". Just like old tires, and old oil, they're recycled. ...Jim Thompson

Maybe half a dozen on my own, in that time frame, for my cars and other people's. But even before I bought one myself, I recall the core charge for batteries back to at least the mid-1980s.

...which I why I don't put much stock in the oil-company press releases (however disguised) that say "hybrid or full-electric cars are bad, because when the traction batteries die, said traction batteries are thrown in the landfill to give people cancer". As long as getting nickel or lithium or whatever out of old batteries is cheaper than getting it from a mine, then the batteries will be recycled.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds