Wonderful Sweden (again)

"The background to the incident is not yet clear: ?Someone has used explosives. We do not know more than that,? remarked fire department spokesman Lars-Ake Stevelind."

Yeah, "the background to the incident is not clear" ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about the ultimate in self-delusion!

Cursitor Doom

Radio news in UK announced some bloke was seriously injured when he picked up an object from the pavement and it exploded..

Reply to
Ian Field

It was a hand grenade and the bloke was killed. Somali immigrant gangs are tossing grenades around willy-nilly in Sweden with gay abandon and no one's doing anything about it for fear of being labelled a racist!

Cursitor Doom

Everything is _perfect_ in Scandinavia. Let's send more "immigrants" their way. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

sed

ment

!!

Scandinavia isn't just Sweden you know ...

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Duh >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

ed

ent

!

Here's another one in Germany. Look at all the German women get upset about losing their batikhaxor:

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Yeah, and Bill Sloman. He'd *love* it.

Cursitor Doom

ed

ent

!

Sure, Breitbart is a very reliable source of right-wing propaganda. Cursito r Doom's sources don't speculate about where the hand grenades are coming f rom.

suggests that most of them come from the Balkans - probably former Yugoslav ia where there was a civil war going on from 1991 to about 2000 - so it's p robably a cache of old weapons that somebody got their hands on and started selling off.

Criminal gangs of any ethnic composition will use whatever weapons they can get their hands on, but Breitbart has a particular axe to grind.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

The Netherlands was quite cold enough. Moving even further away from the equator isn't appealing.

Sydney is 33.87 degrees south of the equator - just outside the tropics.

Where I grew up was 41 degrees south of the equator, and on the coast.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

used

rtment

!!!!

sitor Doom's sources don't speculate about where the hand grenades are co ming from.

slavia where there was a civil war going on from 1991 to about 2000 - so it's probably a cache of old weapons that somebody got their hands on and started selling off.

can get their hands on, but Breitbart has a particular axe to grind.

In all the grenade attacks only one person was killed prior to this:

If one compares the level of violence in Sweden to the USA one finds a slight difference (!):

It all depends on where you get your news I guess. If you want inflammatory news you go to one source, if you want perhaps a realist viewpoint you check out different sources.

Getting all your news from a single source is always foolish.

John

Reply to
John Robertson

That should be Writ Large, and repeated as often as necessary.

For the religiously inclined, there's a well-known biblical statement that is relevant: Matthew 7 King James Version (KJV)

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

My experience as an infant during 18 months in Pittsburgh in the late 50s

- showered with glass in a streetcar, when a local hero took a potshot at it

- when walking home mother told by police "we are going to take you home, because it is too dangerous to be walking the street"

- someone disappeared without trace while walking home after a party

The first two never happen her.

The last occasionally happens, but is covered extensively in the news and is almost always resolved one way or another. (e.g. falling in the docks is a local tradition)

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Around here we do fireworks on the 4th AND New years AND just about anytime someone has the urge... commercial-grade fireworks are legal out here in boondocks-land, so we have our own display right here in our own cul-de-sac... just bring out the folding chairs and the beer and wine... carefully-controlled for the kids... professional shots orchestrated by the electrician across the street ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

For Joerg, We have a nicer display than Schnepf Farms or Olive Mill, barely a mile north of us. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

How's anyone supposed to understand that crap! No wonder you people are so confused.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

In NYC some families hear and there put on a display for their block. Looking out for the cops and dealing with them when they come is part of the entertainment. It's like a reenactment of the revolution.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso