VGA Switch Design

Hello,

I've been trying to follow the schematic at

and build my own VGA switch. I've got a projector that takes both component and VGA input on the same Dsub15 plug. I use a mechanical switch currently, which works, but it's a crappy solution, introduces noise, and sometimes has to be hit to work properly. Mechanical switches suck, and I wanted to go solid state with it.

As the MAX465 is not available anymore, I redid it using a MAX4026 (It's mislabeled as MA4026 in my schematic), adjusting the pinout obviously, but when I power it up, nothing happens. Directly from my laptop to a monitor works, but when I put this in between, nothing happens. I don't have a component device on my right now (The projector is being repaired.) to test it with, and I don't have access to a scope right now (Though I will next week, and will be testing to see which signal(s) aren't being properly routed.), so I thought I'd ask here first. The only thing I really tested was that the MAX660 is properly generating the -5V, which it is.

I wasn't entirely sure what to do with the feedback pin on the 4026. I grounded it directly, but perhaps that wasn't the right thing to do with it? Floating made no difference.

The only thing not shown on this schematic is that there are 0.1uF ceramic caps in various places. One under the chip that only uses the

0/5 supply, and 2 under each that takes -5/+5.

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Mio