The "Awakening"?...

Yep. When I have an urge for fish I usually go to a restaurant on Fridays... I know it'll be fresh ;-)

Over-dosed with religion as a kid, I opted out... I consider organized religions as scams on the weak.

I think no need for a religion "crutch" makes it easier for me to tolerate religious behavior in others... the only offense I take is when proselytizers get in my face... and I have a somewhat jaundiced view of Muslims when I note that 99% of them refuse to speak out against Muslim terrorism. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Thee's this new thing called "reading for comprehension".

The article is about the Aussie branch of Antifa.

The guy who left it compared it with ISIS in terms of tactics and narrow mindedness, not theology or ethnicity.

Your obsession is showing. Or maybe it's senility?

What the f*ck did you think kosher was about?

I'm an apatheist. My stepfather and stepbrother were Jews. I'm more observant of kosher (I love to cook) than they ever were.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
alien8752

No meat. Fish is the default alternative.

Now you sound like a lefty.

Reply to
krw

Not for 20 years, give or take a decade. The Catholic Church rescinded those rules long ago but some few still adhere to them, though not enough to force many large institutions to care.

If you want the thinnest sect, it has to be the (Universalist) Unitarians. "Hey, man, if you believe a cow is a fish on Friday, like great, man."

Reply to
krw

Got to feel a bit sorry for Muslims. I'm reliably informed that during Ramadan, they're only allowed to eat camel dung.

Cursitor Doom

"Liberal" originally meant "in favour of Free trade". The term has been redefined by popular use, and the left had no more to do with that than the right.

Americans clearly now understand the word to mean "left-wing" and as the antithesis of "conservative". Nobody else does. In Australia the "Liberal Party" is the more right wing of the two major parties.

Quite why Cursitor Doom thinks that "liberals" hate individual freedom (whatever that might be, though it does seem to include allowing people to pollute water supplies and pay employees lower wages than those that would keep them alive) does escape me.

Presumably he has misinterpreted some of the silly idea peddled in the Daily Mail.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

They aren't even allowed to eat that while the sun is above the horizon.

Curstor Doom's informants aren't the most reliable around, as we've had plenty of opportunity to noticed. He's not going to rival Trump as the misinformation king of the western world, but he is remarkably poorly informed.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

com:

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

The "no meat with dairy" thing goes back to a prohibition invented because of this scripture:

Exodus 23:19 (NASB) "You shall bring the choice first fruits of your soil into the house of the LORD your God. "You are not to boil a young goat in the milk of its mother.

This is a purely human excuse so the observers can say they are more "pure" and more devout than everyone else. It is meaningless as you can see from the actions of the great patriarch Abraham:

Genesis 18:1 (NASB) Now the LORD appeared to him (Abraham) by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.

2 When he lifted up his eyes and looked, behold, three men were standing opposite him; and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth, 3 and said, "My Lord, if now I have found favor in Your sight, please do not pass Your servant by. 4 "Please let a little water be brought and wash your feet, and rest yourselves under the tree; 5 and I will bring a piece of bread, that you may refresh yourselves; after that you may go on, since you have visited your servant." And they said, "So do, as you have said." 6 So Abraham hurried into the tent to Sarah, and said, "Quickly, prepare three measures of fine flour, knead it and make bread cakes." 7 Abraham also ran to the herd, and took a tender and choice calf and gave it to the servant, and he hurried to prepare it. 8 He took curds and milk and the calf which he had prepared, and placed it before them; and he was standing by them under the tree as they ate.

The Lord himself had no trouble eating dairy with meat! but it is much easier to twist things into burdens so you can exult yourself rather than spend a few minutes trying to understand what it might actually mean. For example the perversity of using what is provided for good to kill the calf, or perhaps the extreme cruelty need to keep a calf and mother separated and distressed for long enough to produce enough milk to cook the calf in, would both fit prohibitions on animal cruelty and perversities.

--
The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada,
Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home

e:

=

The Jewish prohibition is actually on all dairy. It's just a matter of h= ow =

orthodox and how strict the followers are.

-- =

The latest set of Shadow Broker tools shows the UK, USA, Canada, =

Australian and New Zealand spy agencies were hacking into domestic home = =

routers. Who gave them permission to spy on our kids?

Reply to
David Eather

Catholics had to eat fish on Fridays until that practice (as a necessity) was abolished (at Vatican II - IIRC) now it is just a hangover custom. It was orginally started in the way way back as a nod to a pagan custom honoring fertility.