The "Awakening"?...

One can only hope. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Yeah, but they execute apostates. Wake up and die.

Truly backward people. Actually all Semites and Muslims are. I gave up this guy in the sky shit when I was a kid.

The only thing Kosher I consider any good is the food. It wasn't meant to be healthy but it seems to have wound up that way.

Reply to
jurb6006

So? You are an self-declared bigot?

Klaxon! Klaxon! Klaxon! A self-declared village idiot to boot. Kosher WAS, at the time on its conception, based on health reasons... the off-limits food types are, to this day, quite unsafe unless carefully raised, stored and prepared. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

If he "wakes up" to become a "normal" contributing member of society so much the better.

Unfortunately they often just end up flip-flopping around the compass hoping some other brand of dress-up will suit them better, not realizing the problem is primarily internal.

Reply to
bitrex

That fable doen't explain the prohibition on cheeseburgers.

Jasen Betts

I am a self declared speaker of the politically incorrect truth.

Reply to
jurb6006

It is a different fable. Milk and milk products signify the beginning of life and meat signifies the end of life.

And whatever it was, it is no longer. They got Kosher aluminum foil n shit now. seems like just a moneymaker for a Rabbi who blesses it.

But they would never do that, right ?

Right ?

Reply to
jurb6006

I am not Jewish, but I have Jewish family members. Please cite where cheeseburgers are prohibited. My Jewish granddaughter will be upset ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Gads! Another self-declared village idiot and bigot combo... I guess they naturally go together >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

to be healthy but it seems to have wound up that way.

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Cheese and milk aren't the same ;-) ...Jim Thompson

               Friday is Wine and Cheeseburger Day

                                        -Barry Young, KFYI

Most of the observant Jews I knew growing up in the Boston area wouldn't eat cheese with meat products or shellfish, in addition to pork. Even the "reform" or "progressive" Jews.

Reply to
bitrex

should be ", or shellfish," as in shellfish in toto

Reply to
bitrex

ant to be healthy but it seems to have wound up that way.

..

following pointless ancient religious rules seems silly enough, inventing loopholes to pretend to follow those rules is even more silly

but there seems to be a whole industry dedicated to doing just that

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Wow, a closet liberal. So then we are all the same under the skin despite different dietary requirements, plus they can tell your lineage by a DNA sample.

Actually my Grandmother developed an intolerance for pork, and my Mother (her daughter) is now developing the same condition.

Are people who can tolerate pork the same under the skin ?

And cheese might as well be milk, it has more milk in it than milk.

Damn Jim, you were the last person I would ever figure to be a liberal. This is a great disappointment to me.

Reply to
jurb6006
[snip]

Do you actually know any Jews? Only the Orthodox follow the rules to the letter... "my Jews" eat bacon >:-} ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

ISTR (not that I GaS) that Catholics have to eat fish on Fridays. Or is it that they're not allowed to eat meat that day so eat fish instead? Bloody daft thing, religion. :-/

Cursitor Doom

Jim is a classical Liberal (as am I). The original term has been redefined by the Left to mean anyone who totally *hates* individual freedom.

Cursitor Doom

Originally ruled because the fishermen didn't have enough business

I know very few Catholics who still adhere to that rule.

One of my "sub" families is Catholic, and one is Jewish. ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

It still tends to be the case, though, whether we are aware of it or not. You no doubt found when you were in hospital that you were served fish on Fridays. They do this because they have to cater for all and fish (sans- shell) is not prohibited by any of the mainstream religions, on Friday or any other day.

I think it pays to be Anglican (if you have to be *anything* religion- wise) because then you can eat and drink whatever the hell you please with no restriction (other than that perfectly reasonable one about gluttony). I was fortunate enough to be raised an Anglican. :-D

Cursitor Doom