SRAM Power Consumption

Hi

I have got an SRAM Cache with 512 Cache Lines each 16 Bytes long with associativity of 1. For storing one bit I use a 6T RAM Cell. I used HotLeakage to estimate the power consumption for an

0.07 process. The leakage cell_data for one 6T RAM Cell is calculated by the leakage of an nmos plus the leakage of a pmos transistor. The bitline leakage bitline_data for one cell is the leakage of an nmos transistor. This value has then be multiplied by the number of ports ->

power_leakage_cache = (cell_leakage + bitline_leakage * number_of_ports) * 16(Bytes per Line) * 8 (Bits per Bytes) * 512 (cache Lines in total)

In other words, if all the cache would contain useful data in each line I get the following results:

tagarray_power (W): 0.0021203 datarray_power (W): 0.00512072

In other words, one cache line consumes 10nW. Can this be possible or did I miss something?

Cheers!

Reply to
Patrick