Re: Another Email From Dropbox !

On 12/31/2016 12:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: [...]

What are my options ? If I could get just get 10 or 100 MB for like > ten bucks a year that would be fine, but I want it to render in a > browser with no frames, ads or any of that bullshit. I am not asking > that much, no eCommerce, no secured shit and credit card info going > through, no international arms sales, nothing of the sort, just JPGs > and a few other things like PDFs. How hard is that ? People talk "Oh > you can do this and you can do that" and it is fifty times the money > I want to pay and no I can't do this and that and have no desire to > learn how. >

I didn't read it all, but for 10 Mb... doesn't your ISP offer some web space with ftp upload or something? Usually comes together with this email thing and internet connection.. y'know, old technology..

Reply to
Johann Klammer

I get 5 Emails, each having a 10 MEG chunk of a webpage. I use the other 40 Megs with the assigned emails from the master page. SO I have

50 MEGS.

The page I have is not one of those hosted pages that you need to hunt around looking for your content, meanwhile trying to keep all the ads and popups out of the way.

As for the Dropbox, I too got a notice the other day, along with other notices that I have no affiliation with.. I don't have a dropbox account.

Beware of those sending you giftcard notices from various well known business chains.

Lately, I've gotten a Discount Coupon from just about eveny known busines in my area..

Reply to
M Philbrook

I suggest mega. The files are encrypted and decrypted on your machine, not on the server.

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

My Earthlink Broadband account gives me eight Email addresses, each with its 10MB of webspace for a total of 80MB.

--
Never piss off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.

They don't get even.