Power Plug Adapter

Any suggestions as to where one can an adapter to go from a Y shape male plug to a standard U.S. electrical outlet. The plug looks like a smaller version of the type of plugs you find on dryers. It is definitely not T shaped. A google search for power plug adapter turns up several hits for universal power plug adapters which are designed to work with T shaped plugs but none for Y shaped. If I can't find one I will replace the Y shaped power plug with a standard U.S. power plug. A step down transformer is not needed as the equipment is designed to work from either 120 volt or 240 volt power.

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818

Does it look like an Australian/New Zealand plug

Adapters for those are available at travel stores, just nowhere near as popular as converters for European/British plugs (see, e.g.,
.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

--
Which of these is it?:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEMA_connector#NEMA
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

Something like this?

Martin Riddle

That is a pretty strange "Y".

At the plant where I work, they put in custom grounded receptacles many years ago, before there was a NEMA standard for such a thing. The form was a "Y". Then, when grounded plugs became common on tools , they had to come up with NEMA to Y adapters, so things could be plugged into their receptacles. If you poke around in little used rooms, there are still a few of those old "crow's foot" receptacles. I still have an adapter to go from NEMA plug to a "Y", but not one to go the other way round.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Oh Hell, that aint nothing!.

We have 220V, 3 phase receptacles just about every where in the plant from the original system when it was 220 through out!. Now we use 480, 3 phase but never changed the receptacles! :)

We just love it when we have contractors bringing in their

220 devices and plugging it into 480 :)

You would think that we'd mark all of this!, well some of it is still labeled here and there how ever, over the years the local habitat from their house keeping etc, has painted over them or removed them.

The only ones that are still clearly marked are those that are still

220 volts in the 220 receptacles! .. Ha. what a way to go.

"

Reply to
Jamie

Depends - if the thing is not going to go back to wherever its plug came from, a simple normal US plug and cutting the end off to fit the new US plug should be the easy solution. Just a thought.

Ecnerwal

e.g.,

Thanks for the great lead. It is a CPCS-CCC Chinese 10A 250V Plug and it is used on Chinese made digital storage scope. As far as I can tell from the Wikipedia article Chinese and Australian/New Zealand 10A

250V plugs are interchangeable.

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818

It is a CPCS-CCC Chinese 10A 250V plug. That Wikipedia article is a great resource for information on the various types of power plugs used around the world.

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

this?

No, all the pins were approximately !/4 inch wide by 1/16 inch thick by 13/16 inch long blades. You were close but no cigar.

Howard

Reply to
hrh1818

Sure you do. If it happened to me there would be several phone calls, starting with the local electrical inspector, OSHA, any union involved in your operation, and any local TV station. Then I would track down whoever provides your company"s insurance. By the time it was all over, you could be bankrupt. I know other guys who would simply drive a truck or forklift through the mess, to make sure it had to be repaired properly.

It only took me 15 seconds to find out that you live in Conneticut, so no one else would have any problems tracking you down. You keep bragging about all the laws the company ignores, and one day it will come home to roost. BTW, your ham call expires on July 17th, of next year, Maynard.

That is another violation.

Yes, right to jail when someone dies. OTOH, it couldn't happen to a more desrving idiot.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to