phase shift in inverting opamp

It would be nice to give it a try.

Did you ever post a schematic? Google Groups has a few of your posts, but no references to a schematic. Any data such as risetime, amplitude, rep rate?

Reply to
Steve Wilson

It was a customer gig, so they own the work product. In general terms, it was a single-diode sampler with pHEMT switches driven by LVDS line receivers (as recommended by JL). The FWHM was about 100-150 ps depending on the version, and eventually the position uncertainty was a small fraction of an inch.

Those aren't SOTA numbers except that the BOM cost for my bit was only about $2 +- 40 cents, depending on the version--the pHEMTs were more expensive than the SiGe BJT alternatives but switched faster. IIRC Chester & Co cleaned up the impulse response of the transducer enough that they could get excellent results with cheaper transistors, but I haven't seen the final result.

A fun gig, for sure.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--