OT: Anyone need sound effects?

The wonderful BBC have made their sound archives available. All sorts of weird shit now available for download. ;-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Great link. Thanks !

Reply to
boB

Thanks, Very handy for video editing.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

I want the one from the cartoons that goes woop woop woop, woop woop woop, wooooop !. It was used when a character is slipping on ice with legs pedaling backwards at a high rate.

Surprisingly I found on my last cellphone that was one of the ringtones but played on a piano much slower and at a lower pitch.

Reply to
jurb6006

Listen to the 747 taxi/takeoff/flyby sound files on headphones it's pretty sweet

Reply to
bitrex

pretty sweet "

I'll do that downstairs where the PC is connected to a good sound system.

Reply to
jurb6006

I'm pretty sure it's an _old_ 747-100 or something with the early high-bypass turbofan engines, I read that that variant of the aircraft had a measured approach noise of nearly 117 dB with the thrust-reverser engaged. Living near an airport must have been fun times in the "good ol days"

Reply to
bitrex

I've had headphones louder than that. (126 dB)

Reply to
jurb6006

**WHAT???**
Reply to