OT: That "Caravan"

Gentlemen,

What happened about that caravan of migrants heading up through Mexico? Last I heard they'd reached the border at Tiuhuana (sp?) and were attempting to storm across en masse. That was the last we over the other side of the pond heard about it. Even searching that bastion of truth, CNN, yields no info beyond Oct 18 for some reason. I can only conclude that the total lack of any further reportage on the matter results from Mr. Trump heading off down there to personally welcome the migrants into the US; kissing the babies and handing out candy, blankets, hot food and cool water with a big smile on his face. It's the only possible explanation. Unless of course, anyone here knows better?

Cursitor Doom

IMO it was always a political thing. Now the mid-terms are over it doesn't matter so much. Maybe they could circle the wagons for a few years, and then start heading up north in 2020.

GH

Reply to
George Herold

from a CNN story last week:

These are the latest details on migrants from the caravan, according to Mexican officials:

? 2,500 are in a large temporary shelter run by Mexican immigration officials in Tijuana

? 600 are in other shelters in Tijuana

? 300 are in tents outside a shelter that officials recently closed due to health concerns

? 1,100 "could have crossed into the United States"

? 1,100 voluntarily agreed to return to Central America with assistance from the International Organization for Migration

? About 70% are men

? People ages 18-28 make up the largest group

Reply to
bitrex

They're mostly between the ages of 18-28, don't know about others here but for me at age 40 that age range seems like children and kids to me.

Don't know what it says about America that the nominally greatest-country-in-the-world starts freaking out and bent out of shape, can't figure out how to amicably deal with a couple thousand wandering down-on-their-luck kids. At the moment it seems to be mostly being handled by the Mexican authorities, nice to see there appear to still be some grown men around/adults in the room to deal with situations like this confidently and appropriately when they arise.

Reply to
bitrex

Wake me up when the Ruskies or North Korea are dropping thousands of paratroopers into Alaska and the Pacific Northwest and landing APCs and tactical ballistic missiles on transporter-launchers by container ship onto Seattle's harbor front, that's an invasion. This is an "invasion"

Reply to
bitrex

The Russians or Koreans would be carrying what flags ?

jurb6006

They agreed to return to Honduras if the U.S paid them $55,000 each.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

If I were unfortunate enough to have CD or Jurb as my neighbor I'd move to Honduras for 50 grand too lol

Reply to
bitrex

In that (admittedly rather farfetched) scenario I don't expect they'll be carrying no flags just lots of weapons.

Real military-suprise-invaders prolly don't usually care too much if the invade-ee knows who they are exactly why do soon-to-be dead people need to know stuff

Reply to
bitrex

Ha ha! I'm never quite sure whether remarks like this are jokes or serious. Nowadays it's *impossible* to tell.

Cursitor Doom

What's your address ?

Actually if the democrats win any more in 2020 I will seriously consider moving out.

Reply to
jurb6006

It would probably be cheaper than building Trump's famous wall.

Nobody could seriously imagine that Trump would see it as an alternative.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

But where too? Who would take him?

Some right-wing Americans moved to Australia before the white Australia policy was finally scrapped, and were deeply disappointed to find that Australians weren't nearly as racist as their then government appeared to be.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Completely tangentially related back in junior high school when some tough stuff townie wigger did the "Hey assholes I'm going to kick your ass, where do you guys live I'll fight you guys" routine we'd give him the address of the local associate of Cadillac Frank Salemme who lived in town. "Meet us there at 5 after school. We'll be waiting inside. Shout 'Hey you fat f*ck get out here' so I know it's you"

The Caribbean has a lot going for it! Good food, beautiful women, low cost of living.

Reply to
bitrex

snip

What happened about that caravan

snip

you spelled Tj wrong too.

Did you not see the videos of them (the lines)?

It looks like about two orders of magnitude bigger than the line for the bathroom at woodstock was.

Turn on the fake news channels every now and then, dufus.

Reply to
DLUNU

And come back for another $50K next month, along with the rest of the country. Good plan Blobby!

Reply to
krw

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 4:42:11 PM UTC+11, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote :

?

er

nd

There was no suggestion that it was Fred Bloggs plan. He was just reporting a proposal that seems to have been made.

If there were any constraints built into the proposal - like identifying pe ople who had got the money and making sure that they wouldn't get it again, and any limits on who might qualify to be paid to go away - they didn't ge t into his report.

The length of time the caravan took to get to Tijuana from Honduras does su ggest that it would be difficult for the recipients to claim again in follo wing month, but krw's rather limited reasoning skills might not be able to accommodate that kind of real world constraint.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

the line for the bathroom at woodstock was. "

There's an idea, put them all in a bathroom.

Reply to
jurb6006

The poor migrants made the extra long trip to the California boarder instead of Texas. I guess they had lots of energy.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Which is why when we saw Dipshit Donny out playing sports the very next week and see 4 decades of him walking just fine, we know he was a lying piece of shit.. It does not get much more stupid than you.

Goddamn! You're an idiot.

Reply to
DLUNU