Military Shows Off New Ray Gun

-- Service to my country? Been there, Done that, and I've got my DD214 to prove it. Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell Central Florida

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Whoops! When I first read the header, I thought it said, "Hillary Shows Off New Ray Gun".

Silly me! ;-) Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Brings to mind the ray gun I'm working on right now:

(I design some of the tools they use to build parts for the laser.)

But, since it can only shoot down missiles in the boost phase, maybe we should encourage Iran and North Korea to build missiles, so we can test our laser. >:->

Yes, I'm a pacifist, but this is one weapons system that has no function other than defense - it's useless for attack. It doesn't actually "shoot down" missiles, what it does is warm up a spot on the side of the rocket motor, weakening the wall, and the missile blows itself up by its own internal pressure. (cf. "Challenger" SRB)

I mean, if ya gotta have a "Department of Defense", at least have it do some actual defending!

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

now:

You are thinking of anti-missile lasers.

The system being shown off is operating in the millimetre wave band, and gets the outer layers of the skin hot enough to make you feel uncomfortable.

I wonder what it does to the outer layers of the eye?

Military radars used to give people cateracts, but that was probably longer wavelength stuff.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
bill.sloman

I wonder if Al-foil underwear would help. :^)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Try it, and let us know.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Right. He should try an aluminum foil hat as well. I've always wondered what would happen when the signal from the alien mother ship to the chip in peoples' head is cut off. Does the system go into an autonomous mode? What are the characteristics of operation?

Ban the bomb.  Save the world for conventional warfare.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Absolutely, but it would make you hot and sweaty. Nobody likes a stinky terrorist.

John

jasen wrote in news:eq10e6$qg0$ snipped-for-privacy@jasen.is-a-geek.org:

ferrite-impregnated cloth. make the cloth carbon fiber,several layers.

How to protect your exposed parts,I don't know.Maybe a gold-flashed transparency like the astronauts used for their space suit helmets.

Hmm,I wonder if WET clothing would absorb the MMWs.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

The carbon fiber would bake you like a "hot pockets" reluctor, but the water would just steam you. =:-O

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

You also need cool mirror shades

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM 104.4
http://www.resonancefm.com
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Hopefully, it will set off the "Self destruct" mode and free up the wasted aluminum for pop cans.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida