Power analyzer using microcontroller

I am set out to build a power analyzer, which will include :-

-1 phase supply monitoring-

-Surge detection capabilities of the order of 10 microseconds

-Data logging at configurable intervals

-Current harmonics distortion calculation

-Measurement of parameters -True rms I & V, KVA, KVAR , cos(phi)

The very fundamental problem i am facing is that I havnt used dsPIC series before and I have to produce results in next month or two. Also apart from the knowledge of basic C language and matlab I will be using a cross complier for the 1st time ever. So I was thinking of going by the beaten path and use a microcontroller such as the 877 or 917. But if using a dsPIC my task is gonna be achieved in a less time period then I have no constraints as such as I have the progamming kit and other necessary support. So any suggestions are most welcome! Regards.

Reply to
chetanthegreat