LED Sausage

I'd say you're right about the raw meat..

... but I dunno about being naked in a car. It could but one of those regional dependant and tricky legal things.

It's illegal to be naked in a car? It's illegal to drive a car naked?

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I worked my way through College as a burger flipper. Honorable work for a teenager, teaches you customer service and how to be thick skinned. You learn the nice way to tell a mommy with 2 tots she's not getting the happy meal toy she wants after she waited in line for a hour at Christmas time at the mall.

last time I looked

Wendy's, arrives shaped, frozen, raw meat. cooked on gas fired simple grill

Burger King, arrives shaped, raw, frozen, cooked on chain conveyer over gas flame. Final tuneup in a microwave

McD's Phased out gas fired simple grill arround 1990, went to massive electric grill called a clamshell that cooks both sides at once, ie flat gill with lid that comes down. Consumes massive amounts of 480-3 phase. Used preshaped flash frozen raw meat, breakfast sausage was precooked a little (light grey) then flash frozen. Adjusting the related fry vats is a serious lesson in PID, as the cooking temp changes half way through. They have a patent on it. Right when I left, they switched to "Qing" , ir meat is precooked on the day of use up to a hour before sale and kept in a humidified heated tower of drawers, then microwaved for final heatup after sandwhich was assembled. They denied it was a microwave when I started, claimed some special technology and timers. Supervisiors made staff deny it was a nuke. But its a freakin 5 kilowatt microwave. Before Qing, we keep a small amount of fully made up sandwhiches in a 170'F bin for up to 10 minutes.

Ralleys, raw burger, made into patties on site, undercooked (IMHO) on a gas grill

Steve Roberts, not ashamed of honest work

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

Thompson's: 1/2# Kobe beef patties from AJ's, grilled over gas by yours truly ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Well.. that ends my believe of frozen precooked patties being used at fast food restaurants.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

If you buy really cheap burgers. (~30% fat) Get the good stuff (4% to 7% fat) then compare to really good steak (~10% fat)

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

What made you think the weiner was raw? read the lable.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

Thank you very much for that current sample from realityville. While many of us of have been there, most of us (regulars) have not been in "fast food" kitchens recently.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller