HP1660 analyzer fonts and Cygwin X Server

Maybe somebody here has been able to get this to work. I have an HP1661E logic analyzer with the LAN adapter and HP166XE V02.02 firmware, and I'm running Cygwin and Cygwin-X on my PC. I'm able to get the logic analyzer to connect to the Cygwin X Server and its screen pops up on my PC. However, the analyzer complains that

WARNING: 16500 fonts not loaded on "172.16.0.181:0.0"

I ftp'ed the fonts from the analyzer to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/hp166x, did the mkfontdir, did the xset +fp /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/hp166x and xset fp rehash, but still no luck

-- same error. I wouldn't care about this error (it makes the arrows and dots in the trigger set-up look odd), but eventually the analyzer crashes. I can always force the crash by clicking on an edge trigger condition.

The error is:

X Error: BadFont Request Major code 56 () Error Serial #1433 (this changes every time) Current Serial #1465 (this changes every time)

SOFTWARE ERROR - Please record these numbers 0000 000000BA 0010

Obviously it isn't happy with the fonts.

Any ideas?

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

I was able to get a 16500C to work with Cygwin/X by converting the bdf fonts to pcf.gz format which is what all the working fonts on my system were. Before I did this, they weren't showing up in xfontsel, after the conversion and mkfontdir/rehash they were.

This page seems to summarize the process though I don't know if it's how I did it exactly:

cs_posting

Ah, that worked perfectly!

Thanks a bunch.

-a