Running VNC server with nano-X

I've got a custom piece of hardware running a Linux 2.6.10 kernel on a
Freescale Coldfire processor. Got the OS up and running and all my
hardware going. Local display is a 1/4 VGA (epson S1D13a04) run via
frame buffer using nano-X (microwindows) for my GUI. That's working
great but I would like a way to do a quick and dirty remote GUI and I
would like to use VNC to do this.

Unfortunately I can't get the blasted thing to work! I've used RealVNC
on other platforms but what came with my BSP is not RealVNC but
something much more basic. Really not sure how to configure it and the
help info from the program isn't much help.

When I try to start the server I run it with the board's local IP and
display (0) like this:

    bin/nano-X & bin/vnc 137.237.242.175:0

The response I get is:

    bin/vnc: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
    bin/vnc: unable to connect to VNC server

Anybody have some experience with this? I'd really appreciate any
help....

Re: Running VNC server with nano-X
Obviously you are starting a VNC client. And the client does not find a
server at 137.237.242.175:0.

regards

Wolfgang

Site Timeline