FA: ComSonics Sniffer II RF leakage detector & probe

This is a Comsonics Sniffer II RF leakage detector. It can be used to inspect the integrity of shielding, waveguide, etc. I assume it will sniff out bugs as well. It comes with the antenna/probe, and a 9 volt power supply. It powers up & works fine with the power supply. The squelch and gain controls can accurately discriminate between RF and non-RF states. Good Luck!

Reply to
Gene Larson

Michael.....Thanks for the info. I removed my post, and updated the auction. Cheers!....Gene

Reply to
Gene Larson

That is one half of a CATV RF leakage detection system. It only works on a single, factory set frequency and is useless for what you suggest. It is intended to be carried in a CATV service truck to detect gross leakage from damaged distribution equipment. That model was in use 20 years ago at the CATV system I worked for in Cincinnati, and ours was set to operate somewhere around 220 MHz, where we already had a TV channel in use. The other half is fed into the combiner panel at the CATV headend and generates a pinging noise to help the user identify the signal. They are fairly useless outside of the CATV industry.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell