ENI Verteq VNA-1987 info

Looking for operating info on an ENI Verteq VNA-1987-21121 amplifier.

Operating manual, schematics, anything you've got.

Yes, I tried Google, and it wasn't my friend on this one.

Thanks and 73--

Reply to
artie

tom.claytor

If you're just trying to get it to work, there's an interlock, pins 14 and 15 on the rear DB15 connector -- you need to connect pins 14 and 15 to get the amplifier to work.

Look for VPA1987

DB15 pins--

1 -- max pwr ttl output, 0V = normal, +5 = max power 2 -- reverse power - DC voltage representing reverse power 3 -- forward power - DC voltage representing foward power 4 -- overheat ttl output, gnd = normal, +5 = overheat 5 -- external gain control, 1 - 10 VDC 6 -- GND - chassis ground 7 8 -- ext bias control - +15VDC for use w 10k pot to pin 5 9 10 -- leveling control. NC = unleveled, GND = leveled remote control mode 11 -- load power -- DC voltage representing forward power 12 -- NC = load power leveling mode, GND = forward power leveling 13 -- +5VDC 14 -- interlock 15 -- interlock >
Reply to
artie

Thanks Arti, got mine on ebay, verified the rf portion works fine and will try the db15 interlock tomorrow, but I seem to be missing two ic's on the control board so I'm not too optimistic. Tom

Reply to
tom.claytor

I seem to need those two ic's to get the meter to work and to run the input thu the control board. With the two db15 interlock pins connected I get a brief output when I turn off the unit. I'm guessing I'm missing two lf387H ic's.

Reply to
tom.claytor