DP3T Switch?

You can select as many criteria as you like from any or all fields, including multiple items in the same field (drag select consecutive items or conventional Windows CONTROL and SHIFT key select), then apply filters.

Same at Mouser except they give you the number matching the criteria before hitting apply filters so you can tell if you selected a combination that doesn't exist.

Reply to
flipper

You don't have to. The only problem with multiple selections is if you select a combination that has no matching products.

Reply to
flipper

It's also incorrect as you can select from different fields. Go ahead and try it.

They're probably trying to reduce complaints about "it didn't find anything" when selecting an incompatible combination and if you do it 'on at a time' you see what caused 'No records '.

Reply to
flipper

"Instructions" ?? Isn't that what you read when all else fails ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

" When all else fails, read the instructions! ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

--
Yup, RTFM. :-)
Reply to

It just so happens that I recently read an old issue of Reader's Digest in which a filler, on the subject of learning to use a new gadget, said something to the effect of "Once you master the thing, you begin to understand the instructions that came with it".

But I'm puzzled. I was the first reply to Jim's post and suggested the filter sequence that got me there in a few seconds. I even pointed out a suitable slide switch as an example. The filter sequence has been discussed at length but no one seemed to notice my post. Made me wonder if I'd been killfiled by everyone.

Reply to
Pimpom

Well, I don't have you killfiled and I would bet no one else does either. You just spoke so well no one was confused ;).

Reply to
flipper

No, it's Thompson who has everyone but his little select inner party killfiled. He's just some overgrown petulant spoiled brat who either ignored your post or didn't comprehend what you were trying to say.

Reminds me of those googlies that ask a question and when people start giving answers, they say, "No, that's not it..."

I've given up on providing useful answers to Thompson (he's got me killfiled, of course, because I call him on his bullshit) so don't lose any sleep over it; he's not worth the bother.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why do pictures of DP3T switches show only 6 terminals? By my definition of 3T that's not possible.

It looks like some of the 2P3T are actually

2P2T but with a neutral or NONE position in the middle.

Are they just skimping on their photos and spec sheets?

Is there another designation for a DP3T switch that describes "throwing" two poles to three different sets of other contacts?

Aren't there some JEDEC, EIA or NEMA standards that define what "Three Throws" really means?

Reply to
Greegor

--
Actually, Joel Koltner's reply preceded yours by about 10 minutes, and
your filter sequence:

"Products -> Switches -> DP3T -> Slide -> DP3T -> etc"

was flawed.
Reply to
John Fields

I didn't see JK's reply. Still can't. Most probably because he posted it in the binaries group which my newsserver doesn't do.

If you say so. Ordering from Digikey and Mouser is not a practicable option for me, so I only use them occasionally for reference. I reasoned that, if _I_ could locate the part in a matter of seconds, those of you who can use them regularly as sources would need only a pointer in the general direction without detailed instructions. Seems I was wrong.

Oh, I'm not that sensitive. I've been around Usenet for over a decade, long enough to know what it's like. My comment about killfiles was meant as a figure of speech.

I've seen that happen many times. But on most such occasions, the OP is usually someone who drops in just to ask the one question and then goes away again indefinitely, not a veteran like JT.

Reply to
Pimpom

Yeah, liabilities understood. Was chatting with the elevator tech that comes once a month and seems to do nothing more than scratch his head. Mentioned that would be interesting to see if a cheap PLC would replace the rack of 29 relays. He offered to send me the regulations for elevator design. Will see if he delivers.

Hydraulic elevator, 2 floor. Reversing contactors wired for powering the pump 3 phase for up and shorting the motor for down to give drag. Rest of the system consists of low voltage relays running the logic and a handfull of relays that handle the 110/208 vac interfaces.

Reply to
Oppie

Why do pictures of DP3T switches show only 6 terminals? By my definition of 3T that's not possible.

It looks like some of the 2P3T are actually

2P2T but with a neutral or NONE position in the middle.

Are they just skimping on their photos and spec sheets?

Is there another designation for a DP3T switch that describes "throwing" two poles to three different sets of other contacts?

Aren't there some JEDEC, EIA or NEMA standards that define what "Three Throws" really means?

--------

The slide switches are not DP3T at all.

A sliding contact slides over two of the four contacts and makes the two adjacent ones only.

Others, as you suggested, have a centre off position.

I doubt DP3T is possible in a slide switch. I have only seen this in a wafer rotary switch.

mike

Reply to
m II

The contact topology is different but I've never had a problem getting a slide switch to do what needs to be done.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

--
It was posted to sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.cad, and
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic.

Here it is without headers:

"Jim Thompson"
wrote in
message news:vtoil6lu71sthlrea3tr14fu7pvvumrgr4@4ax.com...
> Can someone point me to a source?

Check out several on this page:
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/category/724/Switches-Slide/1.html

>> "Products -> Switches -> DP3T -> Slide -> DP3T -> etc"
>>
>> was flawed.
>
>If you say so.
Reply to
John Fields

After all this, the problem, that would be "solved" via a DP3T switch, has been fixed, so there's no longer a need ;-)

Thanks anyway! Now I know how to search Digikey ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The ones with 6 terminals successively short two terminals together at a time, which is apparently good enough for some applications, but (apparently) not for Jim's.

"Real" 2P3T toggle switches are typically found in 4P packages. Click on the datasheet link for the one I linked to yesterday:

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Koltner

--