Multiple slide switch actuator

It is difficult to source miniature slide switches with a larger number of poles and throws(3P4T and 4P4T mainly). Is it difficult to find an actuator that can move multiple slides of smaller switches as one? Say a 4P4T = 4 SP4T with all the slides connected as one.

Reply to
Stretto

Doesn't seem unreasonable to have your favorite sheet-metal shop punch
some out fairly inexpensively.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Fields

It used to be at one time you could buy channel material with the cut slide switch holes in it. You simply cut off the number of switched holes you needed and populate the channel and mount the channel frame some where. PLastic push on buttons were sold where you simply cut where you needed and push it on so that you could move the whole set at once.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

What's your budget? Is this a one-off, a prototype run, or full-on production?

I've epoxied two DPDT slide switches together to make a 4PDT, and never got around to epoxying a little plastic thing between the handles, because it was so easy to just grasp them both and switch them.

For the little piece of plastic, I had one of these things on hand:

That little red thing on top of the crackers is just a rectangular block about 2" long x 3/8" wide by about 1/8" thick. I had intended to use that to gang the swithes together, but never got a round tuit.

Gang them together however you want to that you will find either educational of functional, just plain fun, or both. :-)

Have Fun! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise