Digitising scope trace pictures.

I have some screenshots of scope traces which I'd like to digitise so I can play them through a waveform generator. CSV files would be good.

It's only one trace I want to digitise from each picture, identified by its colour. These are, unfortunately, jpg images, so the trace edges are 'blurred' a bit and the traces are quite thick, plus there's a dotted black grid. Ideally, I want something which can digitise based on the notional centre of a particular coloured trace.

I can fiddle with Gimp to remove the other traces, but what can I use to digitise? I've tried GraphGrabber, but there must be something better.

Any ideas?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

ImageJ/Fiji

It's under Analize>Tools>Analyze Line Graph.

You'll need to modify the image first by converting it to black and white and then thresholds. You may also need to use other image stuff like sharpen or smooth.

Reply to
Wanderer

Ifranview: image: effects: edge detection

might cleanup your picture.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Eventually, I found

which did everything I wanted, and for free! (This wasn't until I'd resorted to printing waveforms, cutting them out, sticking them to the monitor and digitising by shaky hand.)

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Oh, well if that's the level you need! This should do as well:

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams

Thanks, tried that. Doesn't do equal-step x (time) axis.

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Y'mean equally spaced X points? You can select that in the auto-convert panel.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Tim Williams