cool part

I've noted before that LVDS line receivers make pretty good, fast, cheap rrio comparators. This looks even better:

It has 425 ps typ prop delay, pretty low input offset, and a little hysteresis.

The CML outputs seem to be pure current sinks that can drive up to at least 50 ohms.

lunatic fringe electronics

Interesting part, thanks.

The 70 ps jitter spec seems a bit out of line with the eye diagrams.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

We noticed that. That's the max p-p "deterministic" jitter spec with a

1.5 GBPS PRBS pattern input, which represents a frequency response limitation rather than real noise. With a square-wave input, the spec is 1 ps RMS typ, and I'd expect it to be less in real life.

lunatic fringe electronics