OT: For Jamie on vaccination

Vaccinations save lives, and money spent on vaccinating children is remarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

kably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to h ave been brain-damaged at some stage.

Don't waste your time. The information deficit model has been found to be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communicatio ns. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal of fac ts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge. The y may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

cy.html

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

"Respondents who knew more about science generally, regardless of political leaning, were better able to identify the scientific consensus?in other words, the polarization disappeared. Yet, when the same people were asked for their own opinions about climate change, the polarization returned."

Translation:

"The usual result when Americans take a few science classes or learn a few interesting facts and notice that they have a bit of talent is to become an arrogant dbag who thinks they're God's gift and knows everything about everything better than anyone else does, even moreso than the average American."

Reply to
bitrex

That's hilarious.

It's not about science.

lunatic fringe electronics

"moral relativism" is wrong, but if a liberal says something is morally "right" in an absolutist sense, they're wrong, too.

boy. tough crowd.

Reply to
bitrex

:

markably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem t o have been brain-damaged at some stage.

be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communic ations. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal of facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge. They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

teracy.html

the

The part about "knew more about science generally" is a pretty low standard , stuff like ice is solid state of water, sun is center of solar system, gr avity makes objects fall down...There's a difference between knowledge that 's internalized and information that is merely held in memory for playback like a telephone number or password.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

e:

emarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communi cations. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal o f facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge . They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

iteracy.html

n the

LOL- this is certainly not your problem:

stor_syndrome

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

And then doctors can get more kick-backs for each unnecessary vaccination/prescription they issue? ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

I design electronic stuff that works. That's pretty objective. That's one great thing about electronics: it doesn't care how anybody feels, and nobody can pretend that it's any better or worse than it really is. If you do it right, it works, and vice versa.

Impostor Syndrome and Virtue Signalling are both rooted in fear and insecurity and open-loop emotionality. They are diseases of the urban neurotic twitterati.

lunatic fringe electronics

The flu jab gives me a nasty reaction so I didn't bother - I've had a dose of flu since September!

http://www.avg.com
Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

e:

emarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communi cations. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal o f facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge . They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

iteracy.html

n the

That does explain John Larkin's behaviour. He should know perfectly well th at anthropogenic global warming is real, and something that should be dealt with, but he wants to raise his social standing with James Arthur and Jim Thompson.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

markably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem t o have been brain-damaged at some stage.

e a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communica tions. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal of facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge. They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts a nd figures, they appeal to emotions. "

eracy.html

They get just as much kick-back for the necessary vaccinations, and the reg ulatory environment makes unnecessary vaccinations rather difficult to arra nge.

I wonder what Jim had in mind, in as far as he can be said to have a mind?

Perhaps anti-encephalitis vaccinations for right-winger who don't have work ing brains?

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

arkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communicat ions. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal of f acts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge. T hey may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts an d figures, they appeal to emotions. "

racy.html

Oh boy.. I stopped here. ?True or False: Electrons are smaller than atoms.?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ote:

remarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does see m to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

to be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science commu nications. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal of facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowled ge. They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting fac ts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

lliteracy.html

hen the

that anthropogenic global warming is real, and something that should be dea lt with, but he wants to raise his social standing with James Arthur and Ji m Thompson.

Do you seriously believe that or are you just posturing? I'm starting to th ink it might be the former.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Slowman is just scrambling to maintain his position as Supreme Village Idiot of the World, KKK white hood and all. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

How big is an electron?

lunatic fringe electronics

He's only here to insult people and show how smart he is. Neither works very well.

lunatic fringe electronics

Since an atom "contains" one or more electrons, does it matter? Unless, of chouse, electrons have negative size.

Reply to
krw

e:

remarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communi cations. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal o f facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge . They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

iteracy.html

Not as big as an atom.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

e:

remarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.

be a failed stratgey, there is now a developing science to science communi cations. "Rather than fill the information deficit by building an arsenal o f facts, scientists should instead consider how they deploy their knowledge . They may have more luck communicating if, in addition to presenting facts and figures, they appeal to emotions. "

iteracy.html

Right, from my perspective an atom gets it's size from the electron. So they can be the same size. If you put an electron in a hunk of metal (particle in a box) the lowest energy states have the electron spread out over the whole box. How big is an electron? ("how big do you want it?" :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold