Bernanke, Unable to refinance his home!

Ben Bernanke has tried to refinance his $800,000 home and can't get a loan. Apparently he is between jobs and that is a hitch.

I'm glad it's not Hillary, "it just shows I'm just like all the little people". Mikek

amdx

amdx

?I think it?s entirely possible? that lenders ?may have gone a little bit too far on mortgage credit conditions,? he said.

Isn't that what everyone says when they are turned down for a loan? What deadbeat! He should have focused on having better credit.

--

Rick
Reply to

You know the classic line, "If you're an economist, how come you ain't rich?"

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Which is bullshit. As the article says, all that's needed is a 650 credit score (damned little), proof of income, and 3.5% down, and the government will guarantee the mortgage loan. That's hardly tight money.

A job.

Reply to
krw

I think that is a bit funny here. By most people's standards he *is* rich. He owns a million dollar home, he makes $200k for one speaking engagement and is essentially retired. Yeah, I'd say he is doing pretty damn well.

--

Rick
Reply to

He "owns" an 800K mortgage. Yeah, some do well living off others. Al Capone did pretty well, too. He just didn't buy the right people.

Reply to
krw

That's ok, own a mortgage long enough and they give you a house to go with it. I will be receiving my houses in just a very few more years. It's a great racket... but not like Capone's. Is Capone's type of racket the only kind you know? But I'm sure you are the only person on earth who made an "honest" living.

--

Rick
Reply to

It is all those helicopters...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Not if you keep refinancing it, as is the subject here.

Certainly not. Capone was a boy scout, compared to the government. $200K for a speech to the people you controlled and may again, is not an "honest living".

I'm sure you wouldn't know anything about the subject.

Reply to
krw

You are such a trip. Yes, Capone was a boy scout who murdered people who didn't play well with him. Bernanke obtained his wealth and influence by bumping off his rivals and extorting the banks. He has them so scared they won't give him a loan.

You are just too precious...

Well, you haven't called me a liar yet... I must be doing better.

--

Rick
Reply to

Idiot. He hasn't a regular job. He doesn't fit the government's magic formula (as easy as it is), so was denied. Meanwhile deadbeats can get loans, just like '06, so we're on our way back to the '08 disaster, with no way out this time (the fed's bag-o-tricks is empty).

I knew you went that way but you are *not* my type.

When you lie, I'll call you on it. It really is that simple. In this thread you've just shown that you're an idiot. There is a difference that I'm sure is lost on you.

Reply to
krw

Lol. He doesn't need to work anymore, I don't work full time while you seem to work a lot (other than when you are wasting time here) and *we* are the idiots???

Not sure how the "government" gets into setting the "magic" formula. But then you usually blame the government for anything you don't like.

Oh, but obviously I *am* your type or you wouldn't keep pestering me...

Lol... Yes, yes, you are just too precious...

--

Rick
Reply to

Maybe not but he did seem to need a loan, which he does not qualify for. Yes, you are an idiot. Don't whine to me because you can't find a job. You voted for Obama, not me!

I know you don't know. You're an idiot. The fact is that FHA *does* set the lending rules for most institutions. He could go to the subprime market, where your payday lender gets his money, I suppose.

"Pestering"? You really are an idiot.

I told you, you're *not* my type. I don't hang around with idiots.

Reply to
krw

People like you can be unemployed. I am retired... I still have a company and still have plenty of income, but the full extent of my work this year so far has been to send out an invoice. Heck, I don't even have to cash the check, they put it directly in my bank account!

Yep, I'm an idiot.

"Most institutions"... yeah, right. FHA sets rules for FHA loans. (see the period at the end of that sentence?)

So who is it that keeps pestering the idiot? I guess that would be the idiot wannabe.

Methinks he doth protest *too* much. lol I can tell you are totally turned on by this entire conversation. You find it far too irresistible.

--

Rick
Reply to

No I can't.

Retarded, yes. Retired, no, unemployed, like Slowman.

Whoopie! You must be the only one on the planet with direct deposit! Idiot.

A statement of the obvious.

You really should learn something before spouting your bullshit. FHA, and the like, set the standards for all of the lenders. Ever hear of a "conforming loan" or a "non-conforming loan"? That's what they're talking about, moron.

You can't even read. You keep proving that I'm right. You are an idiot.

No you don't. You're too stupid.

Reply to
krw

:

te:

Krw is very proud of having a job. Fred Bloggs thinks he's a paper pusher f or a branch of of military industrial boon-doggle - that Branch of US defen se spending usually described as corporate welfare. He certainly doesn't se em to know much about electronics, and posts very little about it, if any.

Because krw managed to avoid getting stuck in retirement, he's rude about e verybody else who hasn't been as lucky.

Krw isn't bright enough to detect irony. It's not so much that he can miss it as that he doesn't understand the concept.

.

The existence of "non-conforming loans" rather takes the substance out of t hat argument.

..

Krw's concept of "proof" is as idiosyncratic as his idea of what constitute s an "idiot" - someone who disagrees with him - or a "liar" - ditto.

Not exactly. When somebody disagrees with krw he calls them a liar, which i sn't quite the same thing, if decidedly simple-minded behavior on krw's par t.

And on most people - the majority who can think a little more clearly than krw.

How would he know?

.

A more objective observer than krw would find the evidence more persuasive, but krw doesn't really understand "evidence" or "proof".

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You so funny... If I were unemployed, how could I have direct deposit???

It is just so amazing that you keep coming back with the world's lamest excuses for put downs and insults. I've met 12 year olds who do a better job than you.

--

Rick
Reply to

Blobbs, and you, are idiots. I've told you both that I worked, as a contractor, on a DoD project for about 2% of my career. Good Lord, moron, I've told you any number of times that I worked for IBM for well over three decades before I *retired* from that job. Yet you just can't refrain from lying. Just more proof that I've been right about you all along.

I didn't get "stuck" in retirement because, unlike you, I'm employable. Skills, and all that stuff you wouldn't have a clue about. I actually can get an oscillator designed and working, if that's the need of the moment.

You really are stupid enough to believe your lies. Maybe Blobbs is, too, but you won't find many others that stupid.

They are also called "sub-prime", idiot. I'm sure the Obama stooge could have qualified for one. I already talked about them. The government *does* set the conditions for the primary mortgage market. After all, they guarantee (control) the banks selling them. Good grief, do try to *learn* something before running your mouth.

You are an idiot. You keep demonstrating the point. Was that your point? You're agreeing?

You're lying (perhaps to yourself) again.

The "majority"? You are some loser, Slowman. The "majority" can hold a job, something you obviously can't.

I told him, you stupid ninny! Good grief, you're dense!

"A more objective observer" == "Slowman"

You really are a moron, Slowman.

Reply to
krw

What a stupid question. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's only an insult if it's not true. You *are* an idiot - a perfect Slowman stooge.

Reply to
krw