Subject Author Posted Replies

LTSPICE model for Ge transistors
Looking for models of Ge transistors I only found some that behaved like Si ones having a Vbe of 0.7V. Anyone can tell to find good ones? petrus bitbyter
7
7

NiMh charging formula
I have a "dumb" NiMh/NiCd charger. For 9 volt batteries, it specifies 25 milliamps. The charger manual gives this charge formula. Charging time(h) = 1.2 x battery capacity (mAh) --------------------...
22
22

Power Supply for Robotic Pony toy
I have one of these. FurReal Friends 3 foot tall Butterscotch Pony by Hasbro. A robotic pony toy for kids (and adults like me who think they are great). Photo: $ It needs SIX (6) D Cell batteries....
8
8

OT: Moving Website to New Server
My website is being moved to a new server... same provider, a more up-to-date server. So far, looks good, now updating DNS. Please report any issues. Thanks. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson |...
2
2

WARNING: ISP internet speed increase could lead to cable modem failures.
Hello, I'd like to issue another warning: When your ISP increases your internet speed, your very old cable modem may fail eventually. It's processor will have to work harder, draws more power, it may...
17
17

A little script for you raspi users

Film the inside of your cable modems ! (Reveal if fans are inside or not)
Hello, Some of todays or future cable modems seem to contain a processor with a heatsink and a fan on top of it. Apperently gigabit ethernet speeds/wireless speeds might require either a processor...
14
14

Arduino FTDI driver issue with Windows update
Lifted from another NG: Hi, I know there are several people here that work with Arduino microcontrollers. Just a heads up to a potential headache. === Windows Update drivers bricking USB serial chips...
77
77

How to generate the differential and common for this circuit
Could some electronics guru please provide some hints on the following. Recently, I came upon an interesting design of a balun device(please check URAL below) to provide inputs to say a differential...
3
3

Ping JL
Were you aware of this? ?-)
3
3

This could be welcome to some here.
html ?-)

And some more fun
-major-assault/ ?-)
1
1

Baud rate with LED & Phototransistor (or diode)
I need to make a device that's totally sealed, but is powered by, and communicates with, the outside world. For communications, I'm thinking along the lines of embedding IR LEDs and phototransistors...
32
32

I'm must be a loser
I got a summons for jury duty. I responded by email saying it would be a hardship because my wife and I are self employed, and the 70+ hours she would need to work is a hardship, yada, yada, yada. I...
27
27

To Make A Square Wave
This has to do with that clunker HP 1725 a we got kicking around. If you kn ow the history, we got it with a makeshift vertical output amp for the uno btainium vertical output IC. Well we got the...
9
9