Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: But no more so that usual, lately..
Soliciting thoughts re: "Best" washer and dryer for residential use. This will be Mom's Christmas present. Her existing machines are approaching ~3x of their design lifetimes; they s queal and shake...
28
28

gEDA + PCB quirks and problems...
Hi to all, I've decide to try using open source tools for all my next, relatively simple designs. After installation and tweaking I've came to the point, where I can get the vboard done from initial...
7
7

DDS Spur-Reduction Patent
Back in mid 2009, I was researching how to get rid of the DDS spurs and phase bumps discussed in the recent "DDS Wisdom" thread. I found many approaches, mostly applicable or implementable only by the...
101
101

How close to rails?
Hi again This time designing a simple v to f using an opamp. Again it needs to use w hatever parts are to hand from scrap consumer goods, nothing will be bought . Question is how close to the rails...
3
3

LT SPICE and FEMM
Hi, I have simulated a magnetic core inductor in FEMM. I want to simulate it in LTSPICE as a component. Can anyone guide me how to borrow this FEMM file to LTSPICE? I have generated the .dxf file for...
8
8

Re: Second day in a row that windows update interrupts my Company of Heroes session at night ?!
sooner or later you'll find a website that demonstrates the importance of updates. it'll be too late then.
7
7

OT The Brain
After a car accident the guy is in a minimally-conscious state for two years, they give him a sedative for a procedure, he starts talking to several people, even uses the cellphone. Two hours later...
6
6

My Variable Frequency HV Power Supply
I have designed this variable frequency, variable pulse width HV power supply as a bench test device for experimental use. Here is the schematic: And here is the Vero board layout: Can viewers please...
19
19

Resurrecting a dead generator
Having removed the inverter from my dead inverter generator, and replaced such wiring as seemed necessary, I was able to get the generator part running today. Fortunately, the electronic ignition...
20
20

HELP! AADE L/C meter
I see that AADE is closed; one-man shop, he is sick as all heck. I need a repair or replace as my meter, when reading 22mH/88mH inductors is (as many know) unreliable (to be polite). All cap scales...
86
86

Pretty Cool eBay Find
I was browsing through eBay, as I love to do, and came across this ground penetrating radar for a couple hundred bucks. They normally sell for a lot more, so I said what the heck, let's see if it...
12
12

OT: MOSIS
Anyone run a MPW on MOSIS recently? Quoting a buddy also in this biz... "MOSIS doesn't put it prices on their page anymore. You have to use the automated quote system. I mean, come on, who wouldn't...
2
2

Flexible topology for RFC 1918 addressing
Hi, I use 10/8 addresses, here. But, damn near everything I bring into the house arrives on 192.168/16 or 172.16/12. So, it's usually annoying to get it to "play nice". Compounding this is my desire...
28
28

Low Current LED
I have an application where I need an LED to light on about 1.1 mA. It doesn't hav to be real bright, just indicate thaat a battery is good. Du e to my wish to make it power switch free, the design is...
11
11

Connect to Internet Through USB Port?
Many laptops today do not have an RJ45 socket. But they do have a USB socket. Is there any way to use the later to connect by cable to a desktop Wi-Fi modem? I am thinking of some kind of adaptor that...
15
15