OT: MOSIS

Anyone run a MPW on MOSIS recently?

Quoting a buddy also in this biz...

"MOSIS doesn't put it prices on their page anymore. You have to use the automated quote system.

I mean, come on, who wouldn't want to see the price list _before_ selecting a process.

MOSIS = one of the most irritating customer service experiences. It's like buying wafers from Wal-Mart. They are continually updating a webpage that isn't broken so it can look all new. Must have hired some ex-Apple or ex-Microsoft employees."

Anyone know their present pricing? ...Jim Thompson

Yeah, the latest update certainly has muddled what wasn't a great site to begin with.

I think there might be a document somewhere that gives the per mm^2 charge for various processes. Of course, thart document might alos be out of date.

It probably requires you to be logged in as a customer to see a lot of stuff.

MOSIS is under REALLY heavy pressure from the foundries to secure everything, and they are constantly fighting to publish general info about the available processes. I'm mostly involved with getting parts packaged, and run into brick walls where they don't have package drawings, and it takes a week to get a pdf file of a package. These things are not exactly the most top secret info out there.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

No, but you could use Europractice instead. Their latest price list is here:

If you do, then you could also tell MOSIS why you did that. Maybe they will care, or not.

Reply to
Chris Jones