Subject Author Posted Replies

GPIB Help
I have installed everything, software, hardware, and the GPIB pcb into a different computer running XP. I now note the only thing I see in the Troubleshooting Wizard is; GPIB0 PCI-GPIB Passed and now...
6
6

Tracking localization changes in repository
Hi, I run several OS's, here. I'd like to get *all* of them under CM/VCS. In the past, I've just tracked my NetBSD boxen as I've already got the source repository on-line, locally. [Ignore, for the...
5
5

Experiment to create life: Skybuck says "add some spin".
Hello, In the past some people have tried to create life: As a computer programmer I believe to make evolution happen there are a certain kind of properties that life needs to have to be able to...
3
3

Is This Spice Model Accurate?
This model for a PMOSFET shows VTO=1.00. The data sheet shows VGS(th) as -1.0 to -0.45 volts. I'm guess these are two different specs? One is where the current is at a specified level and the other is...
15
15

OT: High Chair Finish
We have a nice wooden high chair that's starting on the third round... great grandchildren. The finish is getting a bit thread-bare. The wife want to PAINT it to match her new "shades of gray" kitchen...
12
12

Domestic Psychological Warfare
"If you put a camera in a sky over an area where you expect a lot of unrest, the area will calm down," said Ed Herlik, former Air Force officer and technology analyst.

Bignum calculator
Sometimes you need more digits. I tried a number of variable precision calculators - most were not worth the time spent downloading. Many were trial versions that lock up after a month. Some of them...
53
53

Re: MANDANTE DI OMICIDI NAZIMAFIOSO PAOLO BARRAI (WMO, WMOGROUP, CRIMINALISSIMA BSI ITALIA SRL VIA SOCRATE 26 MILANO, BLOG "MERDATO" LIBERO) ERA/E' DIETRO IL CASH KILLER DELLA NDRANGHETA NERA DI MASSIMO CARMINATI E GIANNI ALEMANNO! ENTRI IN GALERA PLS!!!
Add this to your Agent killfiles to eliminate this cretin... Message-ID: {} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems...
1
1

OT: American's are yellow-bellied pansies...
OT: American's are yellow-bellied pansies... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ...
50
50

Class B distortion
Something I thought I knew, but am left puzzling... Take a simple class B output pair driven directly by an opamp. Result is na sty crossover distortion. Now, the nfb is taken from the circuit's...
47
47

solar/battery powered wifi camera setup advice
so i want to setup a remote wifi camera, battery powered with solar charging. Proj Plan: choose smallest setup battery/solar panel / camera that will achieve my goal Goal: Daytime only monitoring ,...
7
7

California drought
The Atmospheric River finally got aligned, whacking a band from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe. Feels like it will never stop raining here. We have our shoes and socks in the big blue Thermotron enviro...
17
17

Wayyyyy OT: "donation bins"
Hi, I'm sure we've all (USA) seen those giant (metal?) bins that resemble oversized USPS mail boxes in various parking lots around town (*whatever* town). Typically used to collect donations like...
5
5

Portals
Our customers are increasingly using portals to communicate to us. We have a rolling-code timestamp dongle, or a password that changes monthly, that we use to log in. Once there, somewhere inside a...
9
9

How to preserve HDMI films/vignettes?
I've got a series of films and vignettes recorded on the built-in HD of a Directv DVR and would like to preserve the items for later in a more permanent manner. How to do? BACKGROUND: Have Directv...
11
11