Subject Author Posted Replies

LM386 & Spice
I need to sim an LM386 amp to see what decoupling caps are neded for stability on end of life batteries. Is there a Spice model for this anywhere? My LTSpice seems to lack any of the IC models I'm...
38
38

Differential absolute value circuit
So this is a circuit that buffers a differential input and provides an isolated absolute value output: Any thoughts or suggestions on how to improve it wrt speed, etc?
21
21

OT: hydrogen peroxide
Does anyone know of someplace online to buy small quantities of 30%+ hydrogen peroxide to experiment with PCB etching solutions? I have seen a few places but I really don't want to spend $150+ for 5...
21
21

Let the criticism begin
Mikek
2
2

OT; Something fishy here ;)
John Fields
11
11

Electric car - construction
Hi. I would like to hear your opinion regarding the controller setup. Controller that am planning to use is able to deliver 100A continually and 200 peak ( for 5 seconds ) on 72V. Controller has...
9
9

Help Picking Right Programming Tools
I need to pick a programming tool to plot some measurement data in real time. The data is transmitted from an instrument to a PC via Ethernet. Every second a new file is created on the PC HDD to store...
16
16

Protek 6500 RS-232 interface cable
Where can i get one? (lost mine in a move) The CD that came with the Protek indicates its for the Mastek MS8218. But all BabyBird searches point to the meter with interface and not to the cable. Left...
4
4

Weather proof boot for SMA connectors?
Is there such a thing as a weather proof/resistant boot for SMA connectors? I can find them for just about every other RF connector except SMA. Any leads on these? Thanks.
20
20

Madness
I was at a client's yesterday and needed to do a quick mod to a board, adding a link. Their soldering iron had crashed, displaying the message 'Fatal Error'. What has happened to the world when you...
38
38

Precise voltages from imprecise parts..
Take a random LM285Z 1.24V 1% part. Select a 124K 1% resistor and select a 2.37M 1% resistor from nominal population by measurement, each one to 5 digits. Goal is to get 25V as close to 0.1% as...
86
86

Igbt MG100J2YS40
Dear group, i'm looking for this part, for replacement, no new design, as i want to repair a industrial board. it is a IGBT from toshiba, butt any brand will be ok anyone w experience on igbt's?...
5
5

OT: Speaking "unpronounceable" text
Hi, I've got a product that uses audio/speech, EXCLUSIVELY, as it's output modality. It's severely resource constrained (size, power, cost, etc.) so the TTS system doesn't have features that aren't...
11
11

Comparator with open collector "precise " hysteresis
Hi, a question about a simple circuit,probably faced since decades ago. In the basic scheme of comparator with hysteresis when the output is high the hysteresis value is depending by resistors and the...
55
55

OT: Today
Today is Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) "We will remember those who were murdered, we will guarantee life. Sadly that is a lesson President Obama and his anti-Israel regime will never...
46
46