Subject Author Posted Replies

Coilcraft Model Converter Published!
The much-awaited(!??) calculator is here: The SPICE was easy; hard was writing, apparently half a kLOC of JS, just to graph the stupid thing... (Nope, no encryption or anything... ;-) ) But now that...

Ping Larkin!
Interested in making some money? Short Tesla!
9
9

Gain of FET circuit
Hi Guys, I have a FET replacement circuit for a tube. I want to know what the Gain of the FET circuit is. Here's the schematic of the FET circuit. Can you calculate the Voltage Gain from Gate to...
63
63

Emacs, I Already Broke It
I was just getting started with Emacs and had not yet run the tutorial. I wanted to increase the size of the font so I could read everything better. The options menu makes this very easy with a line...
10
10

What Heathkit did you build?
Here is an article that I came across today it looks like it's kind of old Anyway I built a Heathkit vtvm in about 1977. I think I had to do it for a high school shop class but I don't remember
31
31

byte-to-pixel data display program?
Remember back in the daze of the CoCo (Radio Shack color computer)? No software needed, the display was easily mapped to any area in memory. Seems there is absolutely NOTHING to do this now. What i...
89
89

OT: Linux dd diskwipe is a LIAR
I call this a "base", which has been done at least 4 times so far. ONLY SCSI Seagate 50G drive in computer. Use Parted Magic for dd diskwipe. Use Parted Magic to write Partition Table and label drive....
12
12

link OK?
Does this look OK? I guess I have to stop using Dropbox public links. The idiots will break them all in September.
8
8

How do you calculate the REQUIRED voltage from a transformer secondary
How do you calculate the REQUIRED voltage from a transformer secondary? Ok, here's the plan. A friend of mine installed a bunch of LED fixtures to run off a solar panel and a 12V marine battery. It's...
29
29

Who is CJMCU? Can they be reached?
As described in other threads, I'm working on embedding a USB-to-serial adapter in one of my MSP430 projects, and I've found the perfect adapter for this purpose. It's smaller than the other adapters,...
35
35

Emacs Noisebox
I am back to learning Emacs today and I've discovered it is quite the little noise box. It likes to use the system default beep for all manner of trivial things such as scrolling past the limit of the...
1
1

common mode choke
Any recommendations on an effective common choke for making low frequency m easurements (~10 Hz)? I have measurement problem where I need to make meas urements in microvolt range but in an...
9
9

Audio amp Mystery
I have a little transistor radio that was drawing excessive power from the battery. It was about 125mA at 6 volts which is 10 times too much. I found I could bend the circuit board to eliminate the...
10
10

Blob-board for high-freq prototyping
Instead of prototyping "dead bug" on the usual sheet of copper-clad FR4, has anyone tried laying out more "permanent prototypes" of RF circuits where you a) place all your components on a piece of...
28
28

3D Food Printers are the way of our future.
3D Food Printers are the way of our future. I really like the idea of these 3D food printers, which will create over 10,000 types of food from 25lb or 50lb bags of simple food pellets. I have always...
26
26