2N7002

Fortunately ON Semi has introduced a number of new ones that are equivalent or even better, apparently from an old Sanyo process that nobody knew about. The CPH3910 is about 1 dB quieter than the BF862, but has higher I_DSS so it doesn't run as happily at 0V G-S, which is often a convenient point. On the other hand its zero-drift point is in the low noise operating range.

Between the two types I have about 40,000 in stock, so I'm good for awhile.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's one problem with making lifetime buys of valuable components. You stop buying anymore, contributing to the declining-sales problem.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Well, I bought all of them in the last couple of years, so I plead not guilty. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Or he could make a mini-fortune selling small pacels of them on ebay.

Reply to
Long Hair

you could use the same as an argument for subscription based software

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

They also tend to age. It's probably not all that important for small/specialty users/applications but it's not a good thing for volume production. Even I will throw reels away after a few years.

Reply to
krw

what problems does that cause?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Solder-proof leads. Water is often a problem, too, but can be dealt with for longer than a couple of years.

Reply to
krw

thank you, glad to see it's nothing more serious

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr