Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Repeated calls
"Microsoft Refund Department please". Do not hang up. You have paid for your computer technical support a few months ago. We are calling because we have been ordered to refund your money as the...
13
13

Bipolar Semiconductor and SMD Ident database update190807
The smd marking code data base is updated, to include two- terminal devices, power supervisory circuits, GaAs mmic devices, transient suppression devices. Many typos and redundancies are addressed....
3
3

600MHz controller board, Teensy 4.0, $20
Hardworking uP genius, Paul Stoffregen, has introduced a new 600MHz 32-bit ARM Cortex-M7 controller board, in a compact 1.4 by 0.7- inch Teensy form factor (like Teensy 3.2). I imagine running one at...
11
11

Rigol DSO question
Is there a way to set up a Rigol scope, DS1102E in this case, to check for longer term frequency stability of some signal? It seems to display frequency of signals sometimes when it can figure it out,...
3
3

Cap labeled 100 16F, is 16F the voltage?
Here's a picture of two caps, one labeled 100 16F and the other 22 16F. Is the F the voltage? Thanks, Mikek
12
12

AoE x-Chapters 3x.18, audio power transistors
I've been too busy lately, working on the book, to look at the conversations around recent x-Chapter draft postings, but will get time soon. Meanwhile, an email from our editor prompted a post this...
3
3

Another Ceramic Cap Anecdote
Anecdote, since the plural of "anecdote" is not "data". It is suggestive though... 0.47uF 16V X7R 0603, Samsung CL10B474KO8NNNC. Withstands over 120V without breakdown. Tested in a LLC resonant...
2
2

Microcap is now free
I used to use verion 5 I think it was until LTspice came along...
6
6

Second source horror stories
Way down the 2SK3018 thread, >> WARNING. Be advised that every manufacturer of a given part (the >> 2SK3018 in this case) runs their fab differently, and you may find that >> those particular specs...
30
30

AoE x-Chpaters - 1x.3 Capacitors
Here's another x-Chapter DRAFT section to examine and think about. This is 1x.3, about capacitors. The x-Chapters are about parasitic aspects, etc. Please report back with comments, suggestions, and...
29
29

AoE x-Chapters - 1x.1 Wire-&-Connectors
Here's a DRAFT copy of x-Chapter 1x.1, which starts things off, by dealing with wire and connectors. Comments and corrections please.
127
127

What's with the 2sk3018 MOSFET?
The 2sk3018 MOSFET is an unusual animal. It holds the top 30V spot, in my giant MOSFSET table. Its Crss = 4pF at 5V is the lowest, and its Ron(max) = 8 ohms, with 4V drive, is the highest, giving it...
9
9

AoE x-Chapters - 2x.11 BJT bandwidth, fT
Another x-Chapters section to read and think about. Here's 2x.11 where we take up BJT high-frequency bandwidth limits, Ccb, fT, etc. I've also included the two preceding sections, 2x.9 and 2x.10, but...
6
6

AoE x-Chapters - 1x.2 Resistors
Here's another AoE x-Chapters DRAFT section to read and think about. 1x.2 Resistors, takes up aspects of resistors not discussed in AoE III. This is a draft, with more to add, figures not yet placed...
82
82

OT: The Flying Frenchman
This is just amazing: Let's just hope it doesn't catch on! -- This message may be freely reproduced without limit or charge only via the Usenet protocol. Reproduction in whole or part through other...
14
14