Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Rename January
It is 80F here and humid. This is 1-15-20, yes? I propose we rename it to Juneuary.
9
9

Where to buy weed online ,hash, Dank carts, Waxs oil,.....weedsmj.com
Medical Cannabis buy and sell' TEXT: (..+16197860443...... High Grade Medical Marijuana Sativa and Indica strains, Hash, (RSO), BHO, HEMP OILS, THC OILS, Cannabis Oil and Ed ibles FOR SALE. website...

Tesla vs Edison "current wars" dramatisation
Long-running BBC1 TV sci-fi time-travelling space opera "Doctor Who" episode 4/10 at 19:10 on Sunday 19 January will apparently include actors playing both Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison. I wonder if...
16
16

OT:Sander's Staffer's Stalinist Mindset Revealed
Gulags await right-wingers if Trump re-elected, he reckons:
46
46

Analog aficianados, next annual meeting soon...
...Feb 15, 2020, in Santa Clara, CA more details here: Maybe you west-coasters can make it. Cheers, Rich S.

copper thickness test
PCB copper is thicker than predicted by the weight rating (e.g. 1 or 2 oz), for top and bottom layers, because through-hole plating adds to its thickness. A 2mm-wide 1cm-long trace to check for 2oz...
48
48

PC reliability
Is it just an impression, or are PC's not crashing as regularly as they used to? Looking at the machines here, it seems that this shift occurred roughly around the time IDE HDDs were replaced by SATA....
40
40

Calipers
Trying to buy a set of calipers that are curved to go around obstructions, but no hits. Isn't that type also called calipers? All I see are the straight sliding type.
27
27

Nice mechanicals!
FREAKISH! (not really)
2
2

Topic diversion: (TD) What is your favorite crop circle
And how do you think they are being made? I like the big one... that was at Milk Hill, Wiltshire. It showed up over a three day period. Hundreds of feet long. I think they are being fashioned by a...
2
2

How to copy Windows 10 x86 in VMDK file to USB Drive/Stick ?
Hello, I am struggling a bit here to copy a virtual harddisk created with VMDK and a windows 10 x86 installation to a usb stick so the usb stick can booted. So far I have discovered and tried some...
9
9

Noise on VCO voltage ramp
Gentlemen, I've got this weird problem with the network analyser I posted about recently. The problem *seems* to be noise spikes on the DC voltage control ramp which are causing spurious spikes in the...
40
40

entropy as dark energy idea
Hi, Information can be compressed losslessly to a certain density, ie with a compression algorithm a file can be reduced in size, depending on the complexity (information density) of the data. What if...

OT: Gun Control in Virginia
I was reading about the gun control legislation that is promised by the new ly elected Democratic majority in Virginia. It seems this is angering a nu mber of voters even if not enough to have...
65
65

How are transistors designed
A question for all you electronics gurus out there, maybe silly, maybe not. How are transistors designed ? First of all, the SPICE parameters for example for a BJT are obtained by curve fitting...
28
28