Tesla vs Edison "current wars" dramatisation

Long-running BBC1 TV sci-fi time-travelling space opera "Doctor Who" episode 4/10 at 19:10 on Sunday 19 January will apparently include actors playing both Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison.

I wonder if they will explain AC/DC without getting into gender considerations...

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Coon

Now we even have lGBT transistors.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Mike Coon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.plus.net:

She's got the jack...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think the real hero is George Westinghouse and while he is acknowledged I do not think he gets the credit he deserves

Reply to
blocher

snipped-for-privacy@columbus.rr.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

He stood by with his bank accounts and watched the boxing match, then chose.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

As the story goes they sold their souls and swore that you'd never know

Reply to
bitrex

bitrex wrote in news:t3xUF.35628$ snipped-for-privacy@fx43.iad:

Bell and Western Electric stole the telephone from Meucci.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

For the not so progressive of us they still produce hetero-junction transistors.

Best regards, Piotr

Reply to
Piotr Wyderski

Yes, and that committee stuffed with "progressive" types just like YOU.

--

No deal? No problem! :-D
Reply to

They are better at coming to some kind of agreement than gullible raving lunatics like Cursitor Doom.

He sees it as his duty to believe nine impossible things before breakfast and he isn't well organised enough to believe the same impossible things as the as the other gullible raving lunatics that he'd like to see on the same committee.

If you want a committee that can come to some kind of agreement, you have to exclude the Cursitor Doom look-alikes.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Twit; forgotten (again!) how to use your killfile to avoid views you dislike?

BTW, your .sig "No deal? No problem!" is presumably about Brexit.

That's true for people, *like you* and Putin, who don't live in the UK. For those that do live here, it will be a massive problem.

When the masses that voted for it find they've been sold a dud and are poorer, who will they turn to? Not the main parties that got us into this mess, but fringe extremist parties - just as happened in 1930s Germany.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

And Cursitor Doom is the very model of a fringe extremist.

He wants the UK run by the kind of people who believe his fatuous conspiracy theories. It would be a disaster, but his kind of disaster.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Needless to say I don't share any of your assessment nor prognosis. I still have children in the UK so naturally I have their best interests in mind - "twit."

--

No deal? No problem! :-D
Reply to

lol dude's goin' nuts

Reply to
bitrex

Cursitor Doom is the twit here. He believes what he reads in the Daily Mail and Russia Today, not to mention ZeroHedge. He has yet to work out that th ey lie to him to give kind of stories that he likes to read, having worked out that the "Cursitor Doom" fraction of the population doesn't like object ive and accurate information, and rejects any publication that tries to giv e it to them.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Wrong, always wrong. Meucci was working on something, but whatever it was, from his description to the patent office it sure does not sound like a device that converts sound to an electrical signal and then back again. It also doesn't sound like he understood the basic principles. It sounds more like two cans on the end of a string that happens to be wire. He had years to get it right, to clarify it, to patent it, yet it was only after Bell received his patent many years later, that M claimed he was the inventor. And no one "stole" anything from him.

Reply to
Whoey Louie

Whoey Louie wrote in news:bc81ecd8-9ee2-491d- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

You are a goddamned idiot. Meucci was not "working on something".

He had a finished working unit that he let them look at and they never returned it.

You could not be more stupid if you tried, punk.