Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: current sink
It might, if you picked the right op amp. Only a limited number work with their inputs at the negative supply voltage. Until you identify the op amp, it's a less-than-useful insight.
6
6

IMPACT ON MAJOR CITIES
A a would think that. He doesn't seem to know much, and most of what he thinks he knows is flat-out wrong But a a isn't. They don't make any money out of that, so they haven't bothered to even try. A...
1
1

Re: Wikipedia Essay on "white trash"
Because Google Groups.

opto shift register
short low pulse shifts a 1 and a long pulse shifts a 0. Shared with Dropbox
10
10

Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text
1
1

Re: How to remove CYJANOACRYLIC Glue from SIM card pads to make contact pins active back ?
Glass fibre based abrasive (eg broken or cut FR4) and Acetone solvent. try to keep the acetone off the PVC card.

Re: OT: (consumer) propane tanks
I guess that if the flames hit the container, it can explode, and that is a big problem. The fire itself, maybe not so much. Where I live, propane containers are rare; butane containers are much more...
8
8

Re: U.S. and China race to shield secrets from quantum computers
I don't believe quantum computers will ever deliver. One-time- pads aren't really a solution either. There are two problems: How do you produce them and how do you deliver them? The beauty of public...
2
2

Re: Google Groups Soon To Be No More
Probably not. Usenet has a range of hosts. Google supported the usenet on its forums because it was a cheap service to offerand got a lot of clicks. Now that the spammers have started to exploit it,...
30
30

Fwd: Google is throwing in the towel
FYI. -------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Google is throwing in the towel Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 21:50:15 -0700 From: Idlehands Organization: A noiseless patient Spider Newsgroups: Google...

What’s changing? Starting on February 22, 2024, you can no longer use Google Groups (at groups.google.com) to post con
Yes! Darius the Dumb is going away, for good. Good riddance. Too bad the effective date was not "immediately".
1
1

Yet another Class AB autobias
Inspired by the late Jim Thompson's autobias design that we saw in the thread "Power Amplifier for 100kHz" I thought his use of a bang-bang comparator in setting bias was non-optimal but I liked his...
19
19

Digikey vs. Mouser, or is it AKA?
Flipping back and forth between their websites, I get the opinion that they are faces of the same outfit. Any truth to that?
3
3

Re: SSR tempco
onsdag den 13. december 2023 kl. 21.23.40 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin: TLP3905 or similar and two low Ron fets ?

Re: Using waste heat from PV panels to generate residential hot water
Flat panel thermal collectors were a thing back in 1980ish--I had a summer job building them, iirc 1979. What they actually did was preheat the input water to a normal HW tank. Cheers Phil Hobbs
5
5