Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Raspberry Pi killing competition (Was: Spice Simulators - ngspice v. ltspice ?)
I mean, "Micro-Cap" was only killed off in the last year or two from what Wikipedia says (otherwise having lasted 40 years). It almost seems that the company was rather small and the owner(s) just...
1
1

Re: I think this will work??
Do you actually need the opto-isolation? The switch would drive an NPN transistor into saturation when it closed, or a small N-MOSfet. You'd need a pull-up resistor to +5V to get the voltage swing you...
1
1

Re: Crossover Elimination Using the "it won't be easy" Circuit
The other annoying thing about LTspice is the part selection dialogues. It’s a missed opportunity for AD—when you scroll through the list of op amps, say, there’s no way to tell which ones are...
7
7

Re: spark plugs
You can buy high voltage spark gaps - the one I bought for that job in 1972 was glass-enclosed tube with an inert gas filling. At the tine I'd bought a copy of a 1920's text book on the conduction pf...
18
18

Re: Can I drive two inputs with one thermocouple
On Thu, 21 Dec 2023 14:23:11 -0800 (PST), Lamont Cranston <> wrote: On impedance grounds, no problem with paralleling. But the NI cards may emit common-mode noise, and confuse one another. I suppose...
1
1

Spice Simulators - ngspice v. ltspice ?
I've never used ltspice / circuit simulators before; though based on seeing posts to the group from various people seems it's something I might find useful (noting, of course, this is a hobby rather...
23
23

Re: current sink
It might, if you picked the right op amp. Only a limited number work with their inputs at the negative supply voltage. Until you identify the op amp, it's a less-than-useful insight.
6
6

IMPACT ON MAJOR CITIES
A a would think that. He doesn't seem to know much, and most of what he thinks he knows is flat-out wrong But a a isn't. They don't make any money out of that, so they haven't bothered to even try. A...
1
1

Re: Wikipedia Essay on "white trash"
Because Google Groups.

opto shift register
short low pulse shifts a 1 and a long pulse shifts a 0. Shared with Dropbox
10
10

Portable, non-invasive, mind-reading AI turns thoughts into text
1
1

Re: How to remove CYJANOACRYLIC Glue from SIM card pads to make contact pins active back ?
Glass fibre based abrasive (eg broken or cut FR4) and Acetone solvent. try to keep the acetone off the PVC card.

Re: OT: (consumer) propane tanks
I guess that if the flames hit the container, it can explode, and that is a big problem. The fire itself, maybe not so much. Where I live, propane containers are rare; butane containers are much more...
8
8

Re: U.S. and China race to shield secrets from quantum computers
I don't believe quantum computers will ever deliver. One-time- pads aren't really a solution either. There are two problems: How do you produce them and how do you deliver them? The beauty of public...
2
2

Re: Google Groups Soon To Be No More
Probably not. Usenet has a range of hosts. Google supported the usenet on its forums because it was a cheap service to offerand got a lot of clicks. Now that the spammers have started to exploit it,...
30
30