Beautiful, Slim Binding Posts Needed

Well, we are making a power supply and have managed to find all the complicated ASICs, analog and digital IC's, a suitable case etc etc.

However, there is one part that has us stuck: the binding posts.

I came across some *beautiful* binding posts at the (now sadly deceased) electronics store, Supremetronic in Toronto*. The basic plastic is a light grey colour. The distinctive feature is the colour identification, which is by means of a plastic ring around the opening at the end of the post. I gather that the factory makes the basic grey unit and then presses in the ring to give it a colour.

Also nice about these units, they are 0.425" in diameter, compared to the standard binding post (from HH-Smith or equivalent) which is

0.450". We need every millimetre we can scavenge on a very crowded front panel.

Extensive scouring of the Great Collective Mind has turned up nothing. A guy who knows a guy in Hong-Kong can get them, minimum quantity 1000. We need about 300 max to start, so 1000 is a bit too rich.

Any suggestion of a supplier, or of some skinny binding posts, would be greatly appreciated.

I can be emailed at ' snipped-for-privacy@ee.ryerson.ca'. If you'd like to see our scope and generator, check out '

'.

*Creatron is one successor to Supremetronic, but they can't obtain these parts.

Thanks a bunch, folks.

Peter

Reply to
Peter.Hiscocks

Tried R P Electronics in Vancouver BC?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Thanks for the lead, but it looks as if they don't have them either.

P.

Reply to
Peter.Hiscocks

Zap them an email. They're motivated.