Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner

My Canon 8400F scanner has a damaged flat flexible cable marked
"Sumitomo-g awm 2896 80c vw-1 -F-".  It has 6 pins, and is 450mm long.

I've searched Google for an hour and I'm no closer to finding an Australian
(or even an overseas) supplier.

Any suggestions for suppliers I could try?

Thanks

James

Re: Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:49:10 +1100, "James"
composed:

Have you tried ...
http://www.partsovernight.com.au/products/canon/index.htm

IIRC they supply Lexmark scanner parts, but it might be worth asking
if they support Canon scanners as well. Maybe there is a Canon MFC
that uses the same flex cable.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner

Posted at www.Usenet.com.au

Re: Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner

Try WES
http://www.wagner.net.au/catalogue/05_Audio.pdf
Bottom of page 9

Colin

Re: Where to get Flexible Flat Cable for scanner

Thanks Colin.

Those cables are all too short, but what a great catalogue!  It's good to
know there are shops like that around.

BTW - I gave up on the cable and bought a second hand scanner.  It was
cheaper than buying a new cable.

Regards

James

Site Timeline