What happened to the PA character?

There used to be many postings here from a Phil Allison, sometimes (but not
always) knowledgeable. But he couldn't enter into any discussion without
insulting the other party and/or using bad language. I think it was a
medical condition. What has happened to him?

Re: What happened to the PA character?

He has still been posting here as usual in the last few days.  Tried
to look up his history in google groups to see when the latest one
was, but his profile has been banned for some unknown reason

Re: What happened to the PA character?

**Nonsense.

Trevor Wilson

--

Re: What happened to the PA character?

This is exactly what I get when viewing phil's profie through google
groups, if I have some setting wrong etc, please advise.

-------QUOTE

"Profile

This account has been banned because it violated the Google Groups
Terms Of Use.

Enter an email address to look up the profile for an author:"

----UNQUOTE

Re: What happened to the PA character?

not

Yes, his "profile" has been banned on Google Groups (even though he
doesn't post through Google Groups), which means you can't get the
nice history list of his posts on a month by month basis like you can
almost everyone else, but you can still find every one of his posts
using the regular or advanced group search.
He also still shows up in the groups history stats:
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/about?hl=en

Dave.

Re: What happened to the PA character?

"David L. Jerkoff"

**  Hmmm  -   seems I am just about to break the  7,000  post barrier on  "
aus.electronics ".

But I see the number posted on " aus.hi-fi"  is now 11,721.

......   Phil

Re: What happened to the PA character?

what a sad case, I take it your doctor can not do anything for you

"David L. Jerkoff"

**  Hmmm  -   seems I am just about to break the  7,000  post barrier on  "
aus.electronics ".

But I see the number posted on " aus.hi-fi"  is now 11,721.

......   Phil

Re: What happened to the PA character?

:
: "David L. Jerkoff"
:
:
: > He also still shows up in the groups history stats:
: >
http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.electronics/about?hl=en
:
:
: **  Hmmm  -   seems I am just about to break the  7,000
post barrier on  "
: aus.electronics ".
:
: But I see the number posted on " aus.hi-fi"  is now
11,721.
:
:
:
:
: ......   Philthy the liar
:
Total number of posts containing useful information is still
**ZERO**!!!

TT

Re: What happened to the PA character?

Must be your newsreader.  My Google Groups serach brought up a whole heap of
nasty raving posts. He really must be quite ill... Completely incapable of
putting over his point calmly. As I said, must be a medical problem. No
balanced person would post like that.

Re: What happened to the PA character?

Im using google groups  and this is exactly what comes up when I try
to view phil's profile (link below)

http://groups.google.com.au/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=VTBGQhYAAACbaGieKthpe0iqTaGKEPlzBBexY2jxCWhSvJ88-QDybg

Re: What happened to the PA character?

http://groups.google.com.au/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=VTBGQhYAAACbaGieKthpe0iqTaGKEPlzBBexY2jxCWhSvJ88-QDybg

First go here
http://groups.google.com.au/advanced_search?q=&hl=en &

Type "Phil Allison" into the Author field.
Click on "Google Search" button
and hey presto you get this -
http://groups.google.com.au/groups?as_q=&num10%&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=Phil+Allison&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=1&as_minm=1&as_miny19%81&as_maxd=2&as_maxm10%&as_maxy20%07&safe=off
where you will find some 17,600 (mostly abusive) posts by our own little
bleeder.

Cheers,
Alan

Re: What happened to the PA character?

He doesn't post using Google groups. Google groups are not Usenet.
Google groups aren't used by many people who know what Usenet is.
Though sometimes it might be better to have a filtered view of the
world... Phil often offers accurate and knowledgeable advice however,
you just need to avoid his trigger points.

Re: What happened to the PA character?

I have used Google groups now for about 2 years now due to the iinet
news server losing manyposts, (when I was with them), and also I have
the requirement to access usenet on more than one computer, so for my
use GG is fine :)

Re: What happened to the PA character?

Same here.
It does what I need, and the flexibility to be able to access the
groups on any machine I happen to be on can't be matched by any
newsreader program.
I don't miss my old newsreader programs and buggy news servers one
bit.

Dave.

Google Groups is an Abomination

"David L. Jerkoff"

** DAMN  shame about getting  NO  access to very useful binaries like ABSE.

DAMN  shame how unbearably tedious it is to search long threads for a new
massage.

DAMN  shame what a piece of shit it is visually.

But the biggest  SHAME  of all is how  GG  has  UNLEASHED  thousands of
brain dead  TROLLS  and mind numbing, juvenile fuckwits all over usenet like
a plague of cockroaches.

Pathetic how our  " David L. Jerkoff"  is so unaware of any of this.

Must be because he is one of them.

......    Phil

Re: Google Groups is an Abomination

And what new "massage" might that be Phil?  LOL
Of the parlour variety?

Re: Google Groups is an Abomination

That would be Monty Python - Contractual Obligations (IIRC) "And now, a
massage from the Swedish Prime Minister, slap, slap, slap, slap....."

Cheers TT

Re: Google Groups is an Abomination

   DAMN  pathetic shame that you open your big mouth without knowing
about http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/index.html which lets you
view binary newsgroups, Jerkoff.

prove it.
Re: Google Groups is an Abomination

"Michael A. Tosser Terrell"

**  Know it quite well.

SHAME  you do  NOT   -   FUCKWIT   !!

It is always several days behind  ABSE  itself and is  NO  substitute for it
since you CANNOT post images there.

.......   Phil

Re: What happened to the PA character?

    But is it easy to killfile all the pests? I don't know because I
don't normally use GG.

Bob

Site Timeline