Springs!

Looking for a source of springs about 110mm X 40mm. Jaycar, Altronics, Dick
Smith cats no go! Any suggestions?

Re: Springs!

Try SmallParts:
http://www.smallparts.com.au/cgi-bin/store/product.pl?alpha=S=post

Dave.

Re: Springs!

Thanks very much Dave!  I think I need a tad bigger diam (say 10mm) but will
give it a try.

Re: Springs!

first figure out what you actually want.

  stiffness (see 'Hooks law' for a definition)
  compression or tension? (and if tension what starting load)
  which of the above parameters is diameter, or do you want a
  rectangular cross-section?
  material, (eg spring steel/stainless etc)
  finish (black/bright/zinc/nickel/gold passivate/galv....)

Then hit the yellow pages and look up spring manufacturers.

OTOH I've seen racks with springs in bolt shops and hardware shops.

Bye.
   Jasen

Site Timeline