Smart phones

Now that smart phones are now mini-computers, and connected to the
internet, we're starting to see the same problems associated with PC's.-
freezing, crashing, bugs, and all the rest of it. (sigh) I wonder how
much of it google is to blame for their constant sticky nosing into what
we do?

--
rgds,

Pete
Re: Smart phones

Fuck all basically.

Anything more complex is likely to have more potential problems.

Re: Smart phones

Yep, and not to mention all the fancy features they come up with has a lot
to do with sticking up their nose into what we do with their operating
systems.

Re: Smart phones
we're starting to see the same problems
(sigh) I wonder how much of it google is to

Cnt+Alt+Del no longer works.

Cheaper data, cheaper phones, more apps, you won't be able to get into a public
toilet soon, unless you swipe your way in.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Smart phones

Whenever anyone mentions public toilets, I always think of the jingle..

Here I sit broken hearted,
Paid 10c and only farted!

LOL! I think it was a shilling at one time

rgds,

Pete
Re: Smart phones
You are all babies,it is paid a penny and only farted.

Re: Smart phones

Are you sure? I have an android box with a wireless keyboard and
control/alt /delete works does work.

  It also has lock ups and freezes.

Re: Smart phones

The spectacular growth of Google is something to be worried about.

They have their tentacles in every part of the web, every web page you go
to.

I'm glad their Facebook copy (google +) hasn't taken off, plus some other
failures.

But they still have:-

Google books

Google maps

Google blogs

Google mail

Google car

Google chrome

Google glasses

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/03/heres-something-stupid-an-australian-politician-said-about-google-glass/

 Google...etc

A while ago there was outrage that there was tracking data kept by Google,
when everyone became aware they went into their accounts and switched it off
.

With Android phones you can't opt out, they have your phone number and other
bits of data identifying you plus GPS tracking of the places you've been to.

They have become a bigger monster than Microsoft was in its heyday.

The web should be kept free of  corporate monsters that claim "do no evil"
but are undermining our freedoms everyday with their underhanded
surveillance online.

Support OPEN SOURCE, support Firefox mobiles, I'll be definitely buying one
if they make it to OZ.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/parmyolson/2013/02/24/mozilla-launches-firefox-os-for-mobile-challenging-apple-and-google-with-the-open-web/

http://www.aegindia.org/2013/03/mobile-operating-systems-firefox-tizen-ubuntu-sailfish-os/2117159.html

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/24/firefox-os-smartphones-marketplace/