SLA battery charger

What's the cheapest way to make or buy an SLA charger for a smallish (2.6Ah)
battery?

Can I just connect it to a car battery? I assume I'd need some of that
resistive cable stuff, not just connect it straight to the terminals :)

Is it true that these batteries don't overcharge? Can I leave it hooked up
to a random power adapter overnight? The adapter would need to be regulated
right?

Re: SLA battery charger

"Tom Smyth"

  **  Buy one WES.

 Arlec  PS664  for circa  $15.

..........  Phil

Re: SLA battery charger

Thanks

Re: SLA battery charger

"Tom Smyth"

 **  Err   - no .

They explode quite spectacularly if overcharged.

**  If you wanna wake up with a  BANG !!!

** No -  it needs to be a  BATTERY  CHARGER  !!

........  Phil

Re: SLA battery charger

Sounds like fun!

Then I would have to wear earplugs.

Damn. Those things cost money :)

Re: SLA battery charger

a really cheap way is to have a "high" value risistor in series with the
phone line to suck a couple of mA for free!

Re: SLA battery charger

Now we're talking!

Site Timeline