Signetics 25120 write-only memory (WOM)

    For those of you who haven't seen it before, you can download the
data sheet of this old 'device' from
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~bobpar/signetics_25120.pdf

    If you don't know the background story, it's at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Write_Only_Memory

Bob

Re: Signetics 25120 write-only memory (WOM)

   It seems that there isn't much interest in WOM's these days. Maybe
it's because their main use now is in internet spam filters, where real
e-mails increasingly get sent.

Re: Signetics 25120 write-only memory (WOM)

404 not found?

I guess this is the same thing

http://academics.vmi.edu/ee_js/Research/IC_Datasheets/digital_cmos/Write%20Only%20Memory.pdf

I particularly like the "number of remaining pins" vs "number of socket
insertions" graph. ;)

Re: Signetics 25120 write-only memory (WOM)

http://academics.vmi.edu/ee_js/Research/IC_Datasheets/digital_cmos/Write%20Only%20Memory.pdf

    Yep, it's the same data sheet except that the version I've got also
has a closeup of the block diagram. No-one here seemed interested so I
removed it from my web space. I don't have unlimited space there.
    The Remaining Pins graph is my favourite too! :-)

Cheers
Bob

Site Timeline