Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Hi.
Have been given a Panasonic TH-L32X30A tv to repair. Screen has deep
scratch around 5cm long that shows as a white line when tv is on.
Cost of new LCD panel is more than the cost of new tv.

Have read that using a rubber or vaseline may help to hide scratch.

Just wondered if anyone has a second hand screen available they may
like to sell.

Thanks,
Russell.

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Have you thought of asking a car windscreen repair company?

Peter

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Scratch or gouge? Does it appear white because the surface of the scratch
area is not smooth?

Can you polish it smooth using toothpick & toothpaste/car polish  to
minimise the effect.

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Sounds like it's penetrated the polarising film.

Sylvia.

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

If it shows white in a dark room the scratch has gone through the
front polariser and possibly through the colour mask too.

these are both LCD componets with fine structure. neither is likely to
be repairable.

--
?? 100% natural

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

I have an LCD TV that I picked up from the verge.
It had been just chucked there and sustained a bad scratch, which did
look quite white.
I fixed the back light and tried Vaseline, and it works well. So it was
not too deep then I suppose.
I see the smudge when the TV is off, but when it is on I see next to
nothing of the scratch. Looks just fine.

Tony

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched
Thankyou to all who replied, might give the vaseline a try.

Russell.

Re: Screen for Panasonic TH-L32X30A - Scratched

Must resist... MUST RESIST!!!!

Site Timeline